CHAPTER 25: First kill (1)

They all decided to camp near the river that night, Yu Yue quickly set up a simple array to guard against intruders.

She's been learning arrays along the way with Qi Wei'er. Now she's able to set up level 2 arrays.

She did it discreetly, she already learned her lesson not to casually just grab anything out of her spacial ring.

Staying with the de clan benefits her quite a lot because she now has a broader understanding of how things really work in this world.

In the middle of the night just as everyone was sleeping soundlessly, the clashing sounds of swords could be heard. Everyone woke up suddenly and went outside their tents to see dozens of men slashing the invisible barrier made by Yu Yue with her array.

Everyone looks at Yu Yue in another round of surprise, they saw her fiddling with some stones and beast cores earlier. They never thought she was able to set up level 2 arrays at her age.

"uncle de, the barrier can't hold on anymore because I only know level 2 arrays." Yu Yue said as she tightly grips her white ice sword.

"Hmm. You two stay together and don't participate during the fight" uncle de solemnly said as he warned them and hide them on his back.

"father-" Little fatty was about to retort but uncle de glared at him sharply, which shuts him up immediately.

"Just behave yourself this time" he snarled and brandish his sword preparing to fight whoever get closer to them.

If this escalates she might need to fight with all her skills. She unsheathed her white ice sword and prepared to fight just in case.

A few breaths later the barrier shattered as the beast's core's energy dried up. She didn't bother replacing it because she didn't have that many besides these bandits aren't strong but there are many of them and together they managed to break her array in just a couple of breaths.

The moment the barrier broke a loud clashing of swords created sparks that enveloped the entire vicinity.

Little fatty wasn't scared at all, every time his father gets slashed he would run out to help him but luckily Yu Yue was strong enough to stop him.

"stop it, let's help them in other ways" she uses her ice-piercing sword technique to pierce the enemies sneakily.

Since there are more bandits than de clansmen each of them fought one or more opponents.

Now there are three of them fighting with patriarch de.

Everyone was stunned and the leader immediately starts looking for her.

The bandits soon enough found her and starts targeting her, thankfully uncle de was closer to her and little fatty quickly recover from his daze and joined forces with her.

He quickly flashes a moon curb shiny blade covered with his spiritual qi and whenever he threw it at the opponent it would quickly fly back to his hands and he would throw it back again so their combination of long-range attacks works against their opponents.

"Shoot that little girl and little fatty down." the leader said seeing that they were taking far too long dealing with these few people and more and more of his men suffered from sneak attacks from these two pipsqueak.

"Yes boss" a man with a bow and arrow smiled sinisterly at Yu Yue and little fatty.

Hearing their words Yu Yue's eyes flashed with urgency. Everyone is too busy with their opponents to help them.

She never really wants to kill a person but now she doesn't have a choice anymore. She knows she can't be merciful towards people who want her life but she hasn't killed a person before and when she's about to strike them with her killing blow she hesitated.

"you two, hide and ran away quickly" patriarch de roared anxiously.

Yu Yue quickly hardened her resolve and her heart. 'right it's our life or their life' she justified and quickly unleashed her killing blows.

"!-"

"Arghhhh----"

"arghhhckkk---" the bandits inside her range of attack all shrieked in pain after she rained them down with sharp icicles.

If they didn't die they were all severely injured.

On seeing this the leader gnashed his teeth and ordered everyone to retreat. However, the De clansmen cornered them all as Yu Yue keeps throwing rain after rain of ice shards.

Although her attacks aren't that strong, her ice element is potent and the ice shards were tricky to fend off.

The bandits and their leader all eventually died with endless regret, their souls unreconciled.

Seeing the bloody and patchy place filled with mangled meat and the bloody scent of mutilated body parts yu Yue blanched unused to the scene and passed out in horror.

A streak of tears fell down her cheeks. Although she's prepared to face this when the time comes she still can't help but tremble at the sight. She feels terrible after killing dozens of people.