CHAPTER 123: Seeking abuse (3)

The others were also doubtful of her words. But they already asked the ancestors about her but they just said to trust her and do as she says. So they didn't dwell on it anymore.

"Good, from now onwards let's abandon that backwater system. But for now, you may do as you please, necessary to get information out of the Wu family's father and son duo. I'll take full responsibility afterward; it doesn't matter if they end up dead" Yu Yue smiled meaningfully at young master Wu.

Young master Wu who was just being complacent turned pale upon hearing her words. He didn't expect that she doesn't care about his family's importance at all.

"Y-yu Yue..." before patriarch de could finish his sentence patriarch Zhuang directly punched young master Wu's face.

"y-you can't---" before he managed to complete what he was just about to say patriarch Zhuang make his move and it didn't take long as shrill cries enveloped the entire city lord manor.

Hearing his cries patriarch Wu bolted to the room. "STOP! I SAID STOP IMMEDIATELY!" his knees weakened at the sight of his son as he shouted frantically overtaken by anxiety.

Before he could do anything, patriarch de and patriarch si block him. He stared daggers at them because he couldn't move a muscle, his cultivation isn't enough to deal with two of them at once.

"why are you doing this? Aren't you afraid this would agitate the other families?" he howled threateningly when they didn't stop.

"hehehe. Don't worry patriarch Wu they won't dare" Yu Yue giggled as she put her mask on when this old man bolted suddenly. The fewer people who know her face the better.

She didn't want to expose her true face because it would be troublesome especially now that she was the acting city lord.

"hmmph. What do you know? You're just a brat so you wouldn't know the importance of my Wu family in this city" he hollered full of anger.

"that is not for you to worry, for now, you should worry about yourselves first. Oh, also your son might not make it out alive so it would be your turn. If you keep acting stubborn then you'll know eventually" she smirks as she leisurely sat back down to drink tea.

Seeing her careless action patriarch Wu scolded her nonstop but he soon wavers when he saw his son out of breath.  He stubbornly gritted his teeth but still tightly shut his mouth. However, Yu Yue wasn't having fun anymore so he was greatly shaken by her next words.

"Xing Er, it's getting late. Start peeling young master Zhou's skin little by little" she said without changing expression as she watched on coldly. Xing Er went near the unconscious beaten young master Wu and took her dagger out. She just managed to cut young master zhou's skin a little but patriarch Wu shouted anxiously.

"you! cruel girl, stop it and I'll tell you! However, you should let my son go afterward" he shouted as he looks at her with horror, even though the previous city lord didn't do anything like this excessively because he still understood the importance of his Wu family. That's why he's behaving like a scum around other people.

But seeing his current situation he doesn't have a choice anymore, he braces himself to die but he at least tried saving his son. He truly pampered young master Wu, besides he didn't have any sons left after Wu san died.

"you should have told us everything right from the start patriarch Wu and your son might not end up like this" she smiled as she signaled to Xing Er, who stop immediately.

Patriarch Wu sighed deeply as his eyes were filled with terror, either way, he would die if she told them or not. He first went to his son's side and feed him a healing pill he then proceeds telling them everything he knew with a forlorn expression.

"We were threatened by young master zhou; he came here a few months ago wanting to buy my eldest son's shop given to his wife as a dowry. He refused and he was immediately killed, I didn't know why that person wants that shop so much but he sends a message 3 days ago that we should investigate who the new city lord is. He's also involved in what happened three days ago. I was emboldened and challenged you today because he took people to mess around the city. He promised to make us the only great clan in this city if we succeded and cooperated with them" he told them with closed eyes because as he thought everyone's faces changes full of anger directed at him.

Originally he wants to frame Yu Yue for murdering the previous city lord but he was scolded by young master zhou. Although the previous city lord is the city lord, the people were just too happy to see him dead and no one would care anyways.