Moral hangover

Next day I get out of bed and pack by bag. I grab a normal sweatshirt and some shorts. I am nowhere near excited to go to school. Justin drives and we arrive there just in time.

"Is that Ronnie?" Emily looks at me shocked from afar. She is sitting next to Ryder and Ian. They all come here.

"Girl what happened?! I thought you were dead" she hugs me very tight.

"Hahaha no, I'm sorry I traveled and didn't tell anyone" I roll my eyes ironically.

"Good to see you Ron" Ryder goes in for a hug. "And don't worry I haven't said a word" he whispers in my ear. I just smile and nod at him.

"You'll explain it all in class, we are late come on guys" she directs us to our first period.

They first periods went very smoothly. Surrounded by people asking me where have I been. I don't feel like seeing anyone from higher grades right now so I direct myself to a teachers class to catch up on some work. Recess went on slow while talking to my English teacher. Good thing I have everything that I have to do now.

"Hi babes!" Chelsea approaches. "I missed you tons!" She says looking with sympathy.

"Chels I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you I was gonna travel" she smiles at me.

"No worries love, but we need to talk to catch you up on a cheer routine" she smiles and then leaves. Finally free period. I don't have to do anything. I will just go to glee club till lunch time and then cheer. As easy as that.

My bad... not as easy as that. It's been hell catching up. I had been replaced in glee club and now I gotta have a sing off to keep myself in the team. Ughhh as this day couldn't get worse. I grab my lunch at the cafe and walk towards the tables.

In one table Ian, Ryder and Emily are looking at me and at the other Chelsea, Bella, Zach and Justin. I look at both options and see Mike coming to the cafeteria. At that que I sit next to Chels.

He sits next to Ian. When we finished our lunched I stand up and he saw me. He expressed a lot of shock in his eyes.

"So your back" He asks following me.

"Hey Mike" I sigh.

"We need to talk" he says grabbing my shoulder.

"What the hell happened with you?" He asks very furious at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You know.... How after having a whole maniac period you disappear for 2 whole weeks without showing any signs of life" he acts super sarcastic.

"I'm sorry Mike but I didn't tell anyone. Besides you are not my boyfriend so I didn't need to tell you" I act more annoyed than he does.

"Well I asked your boyfriend and he didn't know anything about you either" he says. Fuck. Jacob!. I didn't see him today. Please tell me that he didn't do something stupid.

"Mike I'm not gonna do this with you. I've made my choice and I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about Australia. I wanted my space for once" with that last word I stand up and walk back to my table.

I can still hear him swearing under his breath.

"Okay Ron did you finish? We have practice in 20" Chels reminds me. I nod. Then we both stand up and walk to the dressing rooms to get changed to our uniforms.

This day is definitely not going as expected. It's too overwhelming to me. So many things to catch up on and a lot of explaining to do to people.

"Guys welcome back Veronica. She is gonna be taking Jessica's position on the choreography" she announces to all the girls.