Snow in Dallas

It's been 4 days since the deal with Jacob and I'm kinda scared cause christmas is approaching. I gotta go christmas shopping for everyone in my family. Jo and Josh are coming back to the house for christmas and I am excited to see my little niece.

"Hey so, ummm.... I was wondering if you'd like to go christmas shopping with me" I smile at Ryder who is sitting in a bench at the library.

"Hey, yeah sure. I mean let's go if you want" He sounds not interested but tried to hide it.

"Maybe we should talk first?" I ask.

He sighs and looks at me. "Fine". He turns his whole body around and stares at me.

"I need to talk to you about Jacob, I suppose that Zach probably told you a little bit about it" I ask.

"He did, he told me that he walked in on you having sex" Shady! he looks at me waiting for a reaction.

"Yeah that did happen, Jacob and I have hooked up after some time and it was consensual on both ways" I try to make it fancy but he kinda rolls his eyes.

I sigh too. "Look, ever since Jacob came back I have been struggling putting my life together. He and I have made the mistake of kissing on various occasions but I think that it was predictable for the both of us. I feel like we both have a special attachment to each other and that my feelings for him are still strong. He was my first real love, and I can't ignore how much I think of him, and it'd be selfish if I got something serious with you knowing that I won't be 100 percent committed to you."

He stares at me with a sympathy smile. "It's okay I get it Ronnie, what we both had was great. It was definitely a roller coaster but I only care about your happiness as your best friend and I want to be there for you, even if it's only as a friend. And if you really love each other I really hope that you guys can work things out and make them better" I go in and give him a tight hug.

"Thank you for understanding" I whisper on his ear as I hug him. We just didn't let go of that hug. He did take it good and I'm so happy about it. I am also excited things ended well because I want to run to Jacob's arms so badly but I gotta play it cool.

We went to a small place with all christmas presents and I got one for everyone. Justin, Jo, Josh, my dad, Anne and Miranda.... But last but not least I got a small thing for Jacob. It's a LA charger's beanie and a cap. He will be happy about it. Ryder got things for his mom, dad and twin sister. I think he has a younger brother but I'm not really sure about it.

"So what do you want for christmas?" I ask him.

"Nah don't worry about it" He says.

"Of course I do, how about this, you need to decide your christmas present and as you do I'll blindly give it to you" I try to cheer him up.

"Okay but it gotta be cheap" He recommends and I nod.

We walk to a thrift shop looking for everything around him. We both decided on a brown jacket that looks great on him. He hugs me and says thank you. I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas eve's. Everything will come out great. After Ryder and I do walk inside my home I notice Jacob at the couch.

"Hey!! Jacob came by to visit, we were thinking of buying Chinese food, you in?" Justin stares at me from the other couch. Jacob gave a horrible stare at him but Ryder doesn't return it. I think he is trying to avoid the whole Mike vs Jacob situation falling on him.

"Chinese food sounds great" I put my bag to my room and then go back down. Jacob still stares at me a lot up and down and Justin starts noticing it.

"So um, I gotta go. See you later Ron?" Ryder tries to break the ice.