Last Goodbye

Some time has passed since Tobias and I broke up. I definitely feel better now. Unfortunately my friend mr casty the cast is still on my leg, well it's not actually a cast, it's something I can walk with without my mullets kind of a boot but I got used to it. It limited a lot of things for me to do like go to the beach or dance of course.

Mel and I hanged out almost every day. She is the only one I have left. The only bad thing is that she is in a thing with Calum right now and it's uncomfortable to be third wheeling all the time. I found out that I had talent in art and painted a lot this time. It helped me to get the stress away. I also started taking care of myself more, I got my braces removed, brows waxed, I tanned a lot more and even managed to look se some weight. I felt like a whole different person.

I am currently drawing a girl with many colors and different styles of brushes, colors and shapes so it's pretty exciting.

My dad walks in my room and see me in bed drawing.

"Don't you have something to do?" He asks from the door. I simply raise my leg.

"Well you can go to a coffee shop and read something" he points at the street.

"I don't think so" I ignore him.

"We're leaving in 2 days Ronnie, please at least try?" He requests.

"OK that I will" I stand and go down the stairs carefully not to break a leg.

"Can you take me there?" I ask.

"Get in the car" he directs and I walk in the car.

"When did you say this thing will be out of my leg?" I point at the boot.

"Tomorrow honey, you can go to the beach if you want to" he holds my head. Finally this nightmare will be over. Just in time to arrive to America without a cast or any complications.

My dad left me in the coffee shop which smells amazing by the way. I order a croissant and a latte to read while I am eating. This is going super well. I am relaxed listening to some Chill songs such as Coldplay and Beatles.

I do grab my book and made my way to a place really close to the beach. I sketched a small bit of what I see and it turned out great.

"Australia xx"

I put it down and continue watching my phone until I eventually go back home.

The day passed super fast without noticing it was already 7 pm.

I read 100 pages of my book and I'm proud of it. My dad arrives to pick me up and we don't talk in the ride home. I just wanna go to bed cause tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor finally.

I lay down in bed without a lot to do. So I re open my novel and start reading it. I am obsessed with this book I could read it all day long. That what I did.

I started reading this book at 2 pm and on 10:30 pm I'm already half way through. I put the book on the drawer and get some rest. The view here is amazing. How am I gonna forget such a place like Australia? I can't just leave something truly impacting behind.

The vacations were absolute crap since I didn't do anything because of the fucking cast.

The next day after I get the cast off, I feel pure relief and happiness. I hear my phone ring in the car.

*Vonnie, can u come over? I really want to spend my last afternoon with you before you leave tomorrow?*

I look at my dad and he nods.

*I'll be there in a sec*

"Look I'll pick Tommy up from his football practice and be home. If you want to come back I can pick you up" He says. I kiss his cheek and smile.

"Thanks daddy" I grab my stuff and get inside Amelia's house.

"Hey" she hugs me.

"What's up" I smile at her.

"So I was thinking... how about we go to the diner in the mall? You know, the one we love" She smiles at me.

"Sure! Let's go" We grab our stuff and uber there. As soon as we got to the mall she started looking suspicious at me.

"I-um have to go to the bathroom. Go inside and order something for me please" I nod and continue along and found Luke standing in the door. I tried to avoid eye contact.

"What are you doing here Luke?" I ask.

"I've been a bad friend. And I made some bad decisions just because of dumb feelings. But I really wanted to show you how important you are in my life and in others and want to tell you that even if you are 6 thousand miles apart, you will always be part of our lives" he moves aside and I saw a lot of people sitting in the chairs. It was a surprise party.

I start crying out of happiness. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.

"Thank you Luke" I whisper on his ear as I hug him.

The rest of the afternoon was just us laughing and crying and all of us dancing and joking around, just like old times. But, goodbyes had to be said. It hurt to say goodbye to so many of my friends and it got really emotional, but it had to be done.

The next day as I got ready Amelia helped me pack a little. It was one of the toughest things in the world... leaving my house behind. I took one last glance at it. I picture every single laugh, tear and cry inside this home. The broken door, the height wall, the dysfunctional kitchen table, my mom making food every morning before school and the amazing pj and jam sandwiches mr dad make in the background. I love you little house, thank you for those amazing 15 years here.

I grab my suitcase and walk away.

The whole ride Amelia hugged me and cried a little with me. We grabbed hands and cuddled together.

Everyone got their suitcases to the airport and we sat in the waiting room.

Flight 101 with direction to Dallas, Texas please report to the embarking area" I hear the speaker.

My heart stopped.

"That would be us". I looked at Amelia and give her one last hug crying my eyes off. Luke was also there, crying. He brought me chocolate.

"Bye" I wave and then walk inside the door. This is it, bye Australia. It's the start of a new and hopefully better life. Texas, here I go.

I get into the plane, and only by seeing my beautiful city getting each time smaller I shed some more tears.

Tommy grabs my hand and tries to confront me as I just cry. He is really always there with me.