15

When Hugo was about to hold Canary's arms, someone's hand intercepted and pushed him away from the short woman.

Hugo frowned at the action.

Nang tignan ni Hugo kung sino ang may ari ng kamay, sumalubong sa kanya ang masamang tingin ni Shekinah na kulang nalang ay siya mismo ang isusunod nito.

"Get your filthy hands off her, Rios." Hugo felt uncomfortable in his heart when he was not able to touch Canary.

At the same time, he was also shocked with the way Shekinah openly despised him. Last time he checked, Shekinah was isolated by everyone because someone posted on the school forum that the woman liked him.

Dahan dahan siyang umatras at saka lang natauhan nong nasa malayo na ang dalawa.

Kaagad rin naman siyang sumunod habang naiwan naman ang mga miyembro ng student council upang i-handle ang mga estudyanteng naiwan sa lugar dahil hindi pa rin makamove-on sa nangyari. At upang patahimikin na rin ang iba at hindi ipagkalat ang nangyari kanina lang.

When they all arrived at the school president's office, Canary and Shekinah stood at the left side corner of the room while the school director's sat on the sofa and the president on his swivel chair.

Meanwhile, Hugo and some student body members were waiting outside the outer part of the office.

"Ms. Montero, we can't tolerate what you've done. That was already an attempted murder. It is up to the victim's family to settle everything. Whether you rot in jail or continue harming the other students and the people you will encounter. But of course, if your clan is willing to save you again...we will do our best to supress the news and talk to the opposite clan. After all, you're not new to this and we've also saved your ass a few times. You should also know how to bring us benefits...?"

The president uttered while the other people in the room grinned and laughed except for the department dean who showed a dark expression on his face.

Inilipat ni Canary ang tingin kay Shekinah at nakitang madilim rin ang mukha nito.

Nakayukom nang mahigpit ang mga kamao ng babae.

Overall, nakakatakot itong tignan idagdag mo pa ang dugo sa buong katawan ng babae lalong lalo na sa damit nito.

Ibinalik ulit ni Canary ang tingin sa miyembro ng board.

"...Attempted murder you say, yes. It really was an attempted murder. But what about Alkia Chen's indirect murders? Bullying students, directly harming them with those permanent wounds until they committed suicide. From what I've heard, there were 21 of them. Some staying at the hospital for the rest of their lives, some were traumatized and was handicapped and some...completely took their lives. Now tell me sir, why did you help the Chen Clan buried the evidence, buried those victims with their family, never to get up and and live normal again? Is it because they're powerful? Is it because those victim's family were average in terms of social standings? Is it because most of them were commoners? Is it because the Chen family has donated millions in this school? Or is it...all of what's mentioned above? What help are you saying? You suck up to those powerful and tramped those weaker than them. Every one in this room with their title only helps when you know you can get benefits from it."

Canary commented while holding Shekinah's cold hand tainted with blood.

Shekinah stiffened at her spot unable to get out of her tranced moment thinking that this was the first time that someone defended her. Because even if her family helped her, they usually do that afraid of tarnishing the clan's reputation. In summary, they were forced to accept the fact that the young miss of their Montero Clan is a trouble maker.

Meanwhile, everyone was electrified when they heard Canary's words.

They were hit by facts that were forced on them without even given the chance to refute and defend themselves.

Hindi sila makapaniwala sa narinig dahilan upang titigan nila ang mukha ni Canary na walang emosyon.

Habang nagsasalita kasi ito ay mayroon iyong normal na ekspresyon na para bang araw araw na pangyayari lang ang sinisiwalat ng babae at para bang normal na pangyayari lang ito. But her words contained heavy and destructive meanings behind it.

"H-How did you-Where did you get those i-information?"  Uutal utal na tanong ng dean na unang nakabawi sa pagkagulat.

Ang dean ng department nila ang unang nakabawi dahil hindi naman siya masyadong sangkot sa lahat ng ito.

Even though he was also trying hard to get benefits but not this way. He had also tried to help the victims and assisted their needs secretly but sometimes he can't do it, because of the people monitoring those families making sure that they will not retaliate and will not say a single word regarding the incident to the public.

Ilang ulit niya na ring sinubukan na pigilan ang balak ng board pero parati siyang napapalya. They suppressed him and made sure that he can't  and won't say a word just like the victims. 

"I also heard that Shekinah Montero's cases were mostly out of self defense and helping those bullied people." Canary once opened her mouth without answering the dean's question.

Mabilis na napalingon si Shekinah sa kanya.

Everyone looked at her with an expression of seeing a ghost, unable to refute her words. But then the president laughed with amusement and looked at Canary with a perverted gaze.

"I see. Nalaman mo ba ang mga impormasyon na ito sa pagtatrabaho sa Black District? I heard that you became a mistress of an old married man because you were kicked out of your clan and had nowhere to live. Remember Ms. Arsene, I can do anything I want to you. I can suppress you just like what I did to those people. Learn how to choose a side."

They all laughed upon hearing the president's words.

Napatayo naman ang dean dahil sa galit habang si Shekinah naman ay muntikan nang sumugod sa mga ito.

All of a sudden, a commotion was heard outside.

It was Hugo's voice who held the people outside para hindi papasukin.

Mabilis na tinanggal ni Canary ang pagkakahawak kay Shekinah at tumakbo papunta sa president pagkatapos ay kinuha ang kamay nito at inilapat sa kanyang braso.

She put all her strength into the president's hands resulting the bruise on her arm pagkatapos ay umiyak.

Gulat na gulat naman ang mga kasama niya sa loob lalong lalo na ang president nang biglang pabalibag na bumukas ang pinto.

When Silva saw the tears on Canary's face and the hand holding her arm with a bruise on it, inutusan niya ang tauhan na i-lock ang pinto at hawakan si Hugo upang hindi makapasok sa loob.

After ordering his men, he coldly walk towards the woman and the old man without emotions on his face.

But what the people had seen was the god of death heading towards them.

-
Please be aware of any grammatically incorrect and misspelled words.