47

While looking at the surrounding, Canary noticed that the restaurant's ambiance was odd.

It was dreadful at the same time gloomy.

The whole place was giving her an illusion similar to an abandoned place that was renovated at the last minute to become a full restaurant.

Napansin rin ito ni Shekinah kaya nagkatinginan silang dalawa. They scanned the place using their eyes but to no avail, there was nothing suspicious except for the men in black, heavily guarding the whole place.

Nang ibinalik nila ang tingin sa lalaki ay sumalubong lang sa kanila ang maamo at inosenteng ngiti nito. But they didn't saw the vicious smile that broke on his face the moment they turned their heads against him.

They were a lot of people inside the restaurant.

The place was packed full at kahit maingay ang paligid ay hindi mawala wala ang masamang pakiramdam ng dalawa.

As they took a seat, their food was served generously in front of them at dahil wala namang nangyayaring masama sa kanilang dalawa, naisipan ni Shekinah na maunang kumain dahilan upang matawa si Alex.

When Shekinah started eating, urging Canary and Alex to also eat with her, nagsimula si Alex na magtanong nang kung ano ano sa kanilang dalawa.

"So, when did you came here, in Germany?"  he asked purely curious of the two women's reason.

Shekinah looked at him and answered, "Actually, we were kinda entangled with some people in this country and was planning to meet someone, but arriving here and crushing our hope, it was instead a disaster that accomodated us. "

Tumango ang lalaki na para bang naiintindihan nito ang sitwasyon ng dalawa pagkatapos ay nagsalita ulit.

This time, he was staring at Canary who was eating with silence.

"Are you two perhaps...from the Philippines?"   He asked directly looking at Canary.

Halatang halata ang kagustuhan nitong makausap ang babae ngunit hindi ito masyadong nagsasalita.

Shekinah was even flabbergasted inside.

Alam niya ang iniisip ng lalaki dahil halatang halata nga ang pagpapansin nito sa kaibigan lalo pa't kanina niya pa ito pasikretong minamasdan dahil hindi matanggal tanggal ang tingin nito kay Canary.

She was deeply bothered by the burning gaze of the man towards her small gorgeous friend especially that whenever she looks at Canary, bigla biglang sumasagi sa isip niya ang nakamamatay na tingin ni Silva kahit pa parang nasa malamig na gyera ang dalawa dahil harap harapan itong nagkalabuan sa harap niya.

The thought of the man makes her shivered and wanted to go back to her mom's belly.

The man didn't even call nor contact her friend making her feel anxious and complicated.

Pati ang assistant nitong unggoy ay hindi na rin tumatawag at nanggugulo sa kanya dahilan upang mag alala si Shekinah kung ano na ang status nilang lahat.

Shekinah was about to answer but was cut off by Canary.

"Indeed we are, how'd you know?"   Tanong ni Canary habang ibinababa ang mga kubyertos at malamig na tinignan ang lalaki.

" Don't get me wrong. I heard you two talking during the ride and I understood your language. After all, my clan was partly filipino's and I myself, knew how to speak the language. Lumaki ako sa Pilipinas but migrated afterwards when my maternal grandparents forced and brought me here in this country. Thus, I'm a mixed,"    mahabang sagot nito na nagpatango kay Shekinah.