27

"...Can you please remind me, why am I here again?" Pagtatanong ni Shekinah sa katabing babae na nakadapa sa kama.

Canary rolled her eyes and took a pillow, reaching her hands to give it to Shekinah. Kinuha naman agad ito ni Shekinah at inilagay sa balakang ni Canary.

"Don't ask me why. The moment I opened my eyes, mukha mo na ang bumungad sa akin. How would I know?" Canary answered while gesturing Shekinah to massage her back na kaagad ring lumapit at ginawa ito.

Nag init kaagad ang ulo ni Shekinah nang marinig ang sinabi ni Canary at may maalala.

She was beyond irritated and frustated with what happened earlier.

It was 5 in the morning and she was still sleeping when a hand reached out to her face waking her up, and because she was trained to sharpen her senses when she was a child, she immediately reacted the moment the wind trembled coming towards  her face.

Ang mas nakakainis lang ay hindi niya namalayang may nakapasok na pala sa loob ng bahay niya, specifically sa kwarto. Saka niya lang ito napansin nang hahawakan na siya.

She was dissapointed in herself thinking what will happen to her in the future if she continue being careless.

"Come to think of it Kinah, how did you even came here, so early in the morning? What are you even doing here-Yeah, yeah...right there...yes...please put a little bit strength unto that, thank you."

Canary was enjoying the massage as she felt comfortable lying with her chest on the bed.

Napaismid si Shekinah pagkatapos ay nagsalita at minasahe ang mga lugar na itinuturo ni Canary.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Shekinah asked with a chilled expression on her face na binalewala lang ni Canary.

"Sure, what is it?"  she asked.

"Would it be possible of you to ask Silva to kill that Reed guy? Parang pati kasi sa buto ko umaabot na yung inis na nararamdaman ko sa lalaking 'yon. Kulang nalang atakihin ako ng highblood ng tatlong beses o 'di kaya ma-stroke dahil sa kagaguhan ng kapre na'yon. Ano, pwede ba?"

Shekinah's face was full of viciousness as well as her words.

Yes, the guy who trespassed into her house was none other than Reed Collins. One of Silva's men and probably the most irritating monkey in her eyes.

Pagkagising na pagkagising niya palang ay mukha na agad ni Reed ang sumalubong sa kanya na kaagad niya ring sinubukang suntukin. Pero dahil mas mabilis ito sa kanya ay wala siyang nagawa kundi ang ma-trap sa pagitan ng mga braso nito.

Hindi mawala wala ang ngisi ng unggoy sa kanyang utak kaya magpa hanggang ngayon ay gusto niya pa ring sumabog sa galit.

She tried freeing herself from his arms multiple times but the guy didn't even budge. What he did was took her into his arms, lifted her up and started heading outside until he put her inside and  buckled her up in the car. To remind you, may muta pa siya sa mata, naka doraemon pajama's at para pang nasabugan ng granada ang buhok niya.

"...Would you like me to be honest? Or would you like me to sugarcoat my words?"

Natahimik naman si Shekinah.

Damn, she knew that reality hits hard but she had never experienced this kind of humiliation before.

"Well...if I'm being honest, Silva will probably kill you instead of killing Reed." Canary answered honestly habang napapailing.

Pinatigil niya sa pagma-massage si Shekinah at dahan dahang tumayo.

"Should we go to school?"

Hindi maiwasang tanong ni Canary sa kaibigan.

Ilang oras na rin silang nakahilata sa kwarto. Hindi siya pinayagang makaalis ni Silva kahit anong gawin niya.

She tried sulking, she tried getting angry at him. She even tried giving him the silent treatment that in the end, pina-kidnap nito si Shekinah upang may kasama siya.

"Is it even safe to go out? Nako Canary ha, sinasabi ko sayo, may utang pa akong kasalanan kay Silva. You don't know how I prayed to all of the gods just to ask them to save me from that devil," pagrereklamo ni Shekinah sa babae.

She can't help but feel nervous in this plan.

She almost pissed in her pants when Silva looked at her coldly. Mabuti nalang at saglit lang ito dahil inilipat na kaagad ng lalaki ang atensyon kay Canary.

"Nah, he won't get angry...maybe. Besides, wala naman ang mga bantay niya sa labas. Maybe we can sneak out and be back exactly at 5. He comes home at 7 so we have a lot of time to hang out at school," pamimilit niya sa babae.

A moment later and after a long arse persuasion, pumayag rin si Shekinah sa gusto ni Canary.

Nagbihis muna si Canary pagkatapos ay tumakas silang dalawa at nagtungo sa bahay ni Shekinah upang magbihis rin dahil nakapajama pa ito.

Shekinah lives in a two story house inside a subdivision, alone. May pumupunta lang dito na isa sa mga kasambahay ng pamilyang Montero upang maglinis.

Habang nasa taas si Shekinah at nagbibihis, si Canary naman ay may iniisip sa baba. Nakatulala lang siya sa kawalan at parang may iniisip nang makapasok sa bahay.

She kept having some weird feeling looking at the house.

Her mind wander and wander unable to explain the nervousness while looking at the chandelier in front of her.

Para bang may nakalimutan siyang importante na siyang nagpapakaba sa kanya ng sobra.

She was lost in a daze.

"What happened? What's wrong, bunny? Why are you spacing out?"

Canary immediately shifted her attention to Shekinah who was coming down the stairs.

A blurry image overlapped in her mind pero hindi niya nalang ito pinansin at ngumiti.

"Nothing, let's go?"

As soon as they finished tidying up themselves, they took a ride going to school and has arrived in just  20 minutes.

The very moment they stepped their feet at the University's entrance, all of the students surrounding them looked at their existence with disdain and hostility in their eyes.

Both Canary and Shekinah looked at each other looking very puzzled at the situation.

"Canary Arsene! How could you hurt my girlfriend?!"

A male voice resonated the whole field.

Sabay na napatingin si Canary at Shekinah at nang makita si Hugo at Luna na magkayakap habang papalapit sa kanila ay sabay rin silang napaikot ng mata.

Ah shit, here we go again.

-

Please be aware of any grammatically incorrect and misspelled words.