35

Nakaupo lang si Canary sa sahig habang nakatulalang nakatingin sa bangkay na nasa kama.

She was lost in a daze, her thoughts wandering nowhere.

She remembered the time when she was Chloe.

The  cheerful sweet yet isolated daughter of the Abraham's. She was a genius painter given by the fact that she was an artistic person. A home schooled daughter yet knows how to socialized that's why she was also deemed as a social butterfly dahil kahit minsan lang itong lumalabas, kaagad itong nakaka-attract ng mga tao kahit pa hindi mo ito gaanong kakilala o nakakausap. But, behind all of those smiles and the Abraham's perfect front cover, there lies a dark secret above of it all.

"Kitten."

Canary look up above her head and saw the ever expressionless Silva.

Hindi niya namalayan na kanina pa pala ito nakapasok sa kwarto at ngayon ay nakatayo sa kanyang harapan.

She looked at the surrounding and saw some cleaners who were removing the dead body and every furnitures, rather, everything that was in the room.

There was no police or anything that may cause the disturbance to the public and to Shekinah's family.

Canary guessed na mga tauhan ni Silva ang nasa harap nila.

"Kanina ka pa?"

She asked while attempting to stand up but before she could completely do it, she was already in the arms of Silva who never failed to carry her everytime na nagmumukha nang ito ang professional na trabaho ng lalaki.

"Yeah. It's been 10 minutes ever since I arrived in front of you. I was waiting for you to notice my presence but it seems like your beautiful mind was pretty occupied," sagot naman ni Silva habang buhat buhat si Canary papalabas ng kwarto.

"...Uh-huh. How is she?"  Tanong niya sa lalaki habang nakabaon ang ulo sa leeg nito.

She slowly bared her teeth and sink it deeper into Silva's neck that it almost look like she was sucking some of his blood.

Silva groaned at the sensation but he chose to let her be and ignore what she was doing dahil alam niya hindi ito oras upang pairalan ang pagnanasa.

"They're at the living room. One of Reed's doctor was currently examining the Montero's young miss. You can relax already. I'll take care of everything,"  sagot ni Silva na tinanguan lang ni Canary at itinigil ang ginagawa sa leeg ng lalaki.

Nang makarating sa living room ay nakita ni Canary na maraming tao sa living room.

They were anxiously looking at Shekinah who was treated by a doctor at the other side of the  living room. They were probably the Montero's and it seems that all of them are present.

Nakaupo ang lolo at lola pati na rin ang mga tito at dad ni Shekinah habang lakad naman ng lakad ang mom at mga tita niya kasama na ang kanyang mga pinsan na kagaya ng mga matatanda ay kinakabahan rin sa lagay ng babae. Habang si Reed naman ay nasa tabi ng kama na nakalaan at hinihigaan ni Shekinah.

They all shifted their attention to Canary the moment they saw the figure of Silva who was walking towards them.

Canary can see the gratefulness in their eyes dahilan upang suklian niya ito ng ngiti.

Uupo na nasa si Silva habang buhat buhat siya nang matigil ito dahil sa sinabi ng babae.

"Put me down."  Canary said while looking at Silva in the eyes.

She can read the disbelief in it pero hindi niya ito pinansin bagkus ay inilipat ang atensyon sa pamilya ni Shekinah na maang na nakatingin sa kanilang dalawa.

Canary tug Silva's shirt so he didn't have a choice but to put her down on the sofa across the Montero family.

Tumabi naman kaagad ang lalaki pagkatapos siyang iupo nito.

Hindi maipagkakailang nagulat si Canary nang biglaang tumabi ang ina ni Shekinah sa kanya at yumakap ito ng mahigpit.

"Thank you! I-We are very grateful with you saving my child. Thank you for saving her! My whole family is indebted to you. Thank you very much! "

Patuloy na pagpapasalamat ng ina ni Shekinah sa kanya habang umiiyak. Wala siyang ibang ginawa kundi niyakap ito pabalik.

Just like she has expected, she knew from the novel itself na mahal na mahal ng pamilya Montero si Shekinah ngunit bulag lang ang babae dahil naka focus ang isip nito sa mga sabi sabi na reputasyon lang ang importante sa buong pamilya nito.

Dumagdag pa ang minsan lang na pagkikita nang unti unti na siyang lumaki kaya mas dumoble ang takot ni Shekinah na baka totoo ang hinala niya.

Butbit was clearly the other way around because they were busy trying to protect the family from their competitors and from the enemies that the family had.

Idagdag mo pa ang pagkawala ng tagapagmana ng pamilya nila, ang kuya ng babae.

"Do you perhaps know the man?"  Tanong ni Canary sa ina ni Shekinah.

"Yes, that man was one of the newly recruit bodyguard of our family and was the son of our headmaid. My daughter was at a disavantage because that scum was directly trained by a security general working in my family and because Shekinah stopped training when she turned 17 habang ang bastardong 'yun ay hindi tumigil. Nang hulihin ng mga tauhan namin ang headmaid, dahil sa galit at lungkot na malaman na namatay ang anak niya, she confessed all of their plan. Plinano nila na rape-pin ang anak ko upang mabuntis ito, and because of the rumors that keeps circulating that we only mind the family's reputation, the headmaid and her son was a hundred percent sure na kapag nabuntis ang anak ko ay wala kaming magagawa kundi ang ipakasal ang anak nito kay Shekinah. After marrying my daughter, they were planning to use her as a stepping stone towards their goal to become rich."

Mahabang pagpapaliwanag nito na hindi maitatago ang galit sa boses.

Canary slowly nodded while realizing the cause of Shekinah's suicide from the novel.

It explained everything  from the very start kung bakit napagdesisyunang magpakamatay ni Shekinah.

She was abused and raped by the son of the head maid that her family trusted the most and was one of the person who raised her when her family wasn't there to do so.

She was afraid and because she couldn't bear to burden her family, she decided to end everything including her life kaya palpak ang plano ng mag ina.

Napaisip si Canary bigla, if this incident that was supposed to happen at the beginning before Canary died, still happened in the present.

Does that mean that everything from the novel itself will happen in the near future?

Canary wandered her eyes at the surrounding before it landed on Silva's face.

Tsk.

-

Please be aware of any grammatically incorrect and misspelled words.