3. Coming Out

✴ Seokjin 

"Yejin, how can you say that in front of our son?!" Mum said while holding onto the hand of Yejin's mother.

"Are you saying you fell in love with someone else and cheated on Jin??" Yejin's mother seconded.

"She did not cheat on me, please understand. We- uhm, we already ended things between us, as we don't feel anything for each other anymore. So she fell for someone else after that.

We're very sorry. Yejin and I really tried to work on our marriage. It's just not meant to be." I looked at my dad, he is not looking our way, same as Yejin's dad who's only sipping from his cup of tea.

Silence.

Yejin held my hand before she spoke, "Jin had been nothing but good to me, dads and mums. We are still friends right now. It just happened that we found happiness outside of our marriage."

Yejin's dad suddenly stood up and slapped her. Yejin gasped loud because of the pain, so I stood up too and pulled Yejin to hide her behind me.

"How dare you find happiness outside of your marriage when you have a husband who did nothing but make you happy?!" Her dad shouted while our mums started crying.

"Sir, I don't think she deserved that." I said as Yejin cried behind me.

"And why is that Seokjin?? Tell us son, this is actually a problem about you, isn't it? What is it that you did that made Yejin seek for someone else?!" My dad calmly said, still seated.

I inhaled deeply and let it out, "Dad, I--"

"You what, Seokjin? It's either you cheated on her, or you don't like women? Which is it?"

I gulped at what Dad said. My heart is racing like thousand horses. I know he already had suspicions of my sexuality even before he arranged a marriage for me.

"Answer me, Seokjin!!"

"Yes, dad!! I like men!! I am gay--"

Yejin screamed when dad punched me on the face and my back fell onto her.

Our mums stopped dad while Yejin helped me up. I wiped my lip with my thumb as I felt it's already bleeding. I looked at my mum, she is just crying and staring at me. While dad is still raging mad.

I then scoffed to myself, "That was a relief! Finally I got that out! What are you worried about dad? Will our stock prices drop if people knew that I'm gay?! Will that affect my decisions in running the business??

I have been gay for so long, but I managed to maintain our company on the top! I was able to do every expectations you throw at me! Except for this fucking marriage! Just this one!! But I tried really hard! So please tell me dad, what are you ashamed of?!"

"Both of you may leave. Do whatever you want to do from now on! But don't come running to us when all is ruined because of your stupidity!!"

Yejin pulled my arm to walk out of the house as soon as dad finished talking. It must be the best thing to do for now. They are mad so no point in arguing with them right now.

*******

Yejin and I decided to give our house back to her parents. It was a wedding gift from them. I told her to keep it, but she said she will move in with Suho.

Then I'm moving into a penthouse of one of our buildings. It was mine when I wasn't married yet. I guess I'll be back to my old ways.

The penthouse is exactly the same the way I left it almost one and a half years ago. They still take care of the unit regularly. I sat on my sofa, leaned my head back and stared into the ceiling.

What do I do now?! It seems that my life has no more reason. At least Yejin found her happiness already. How about me?

I don't have friends who can understand me right now. I don't know anyone who can accept me for what I am. Is there some sort of a robot that I can talk to and tell me what I want to hear?!

I opened my phone and scanned thru some apps. I ended up browsing thru instagram so I can at least see some delightful photos that can cheer me up. I stopped at a photo of two men who used to be very close to me before.

They were my best friends from college, Jimin and Hobi. But when they got out of their closet, dad told me to distance myself from them. He said they must be the reason why I'm becoming gay. Stupid of me, I did become aloof, slowly distancing myself from them.

I suddenly missed them. They look so happy in the photo together, drinking somewhere, must be a bar. Then I double tapped on the post unconsciously, and smiled to myself. It must be nice to have someone to talk to, someone you can confide to whenever you feel like the world is crashing down on you.

Sigh. I put down my phone but it suddenly pings with a notif. It's a DM in instagram. Oh wow, I didn't expect him to send me a message!

*******

@Sexy_Ass_Chimmy 🍑

Hey Jinnie! Thanks
for liking my post.
What's up?! How are you?

Hello. I'm good, thanks.
You and Hobi look great.
Sorry, it's been a while!

Aww thanks! Hey do you
find it awkward to be
talking again?!

Is it? I'm really sorry if it
creeps you out. But it would
be nice to be talking again.
Whatcha think?

I think it's cool. I kinda
miss you. Hobi does too.
Do you want to meet?
Come join us?

*******

Oh my! Is it really okay to see them again? Shittt! It's been like about three years when I last talked to them. And we didn't exactly part ways in good terms. But I could really use some company tonight, and these two were my best friends. They have always made me feel better whenever I was down. I just hope I didn't cause such damage to our friendship that would make them change towards me.

Before I can think of anything to reply, my phone came on again..

*******

@Sexy_Ass_Chimmy 🍑

You still there Jinnie?
Anyways, just come if
you feel like it. No pressure.
Universe Club, Itaewon.
Hope to see you! 😘

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴