59. A Change of Heart

Taehyung was restless the whole 13 hours of their flight back to Seoul. He couldn't even sleep properly at the thought of Jin left alone in Seoul, and worse, with Ken just around him. As soon as the plane landed, Taehyung opened his phone to contact home.

They are 90% sure that Ken already has found out about him and Jin working together for this mission, which Taehyung suddenly regretted. He thought he shouldn't have let Jin be involved in their gang's doings. He realized he just dragged him and their baby more into danger.

"Tae, either way, Jin is not safe with Ken. Whether he helped us or not, the Lee's are still after Jin and his family already. Therefore, don't blame yourself too much." Yoongi said, trying to calm Taehyung down, while Taehyung dials Jin's phone.

"I know. But still, I failed to keep my babies safe, when I always promised I will do so." Taehyung sighed, but his forehead creased as he stares at his phone. "I can't reach Jin's phone, fuck!"

"I will call Chim." Jungkook said. He put his phone into speaker when Jimin answered his call in just one ring.

"Chim, babe?!"

"Oh my gosh, babe!! Ah thank God you called already!! Are you back in Seoul?? We've got a problem, like a really, really big problem!!" Jimin said as soon as he heard Jungkook from the other line.

Taehyung breathed in so deep before he spoke, "Where's my baby? Is he with you?!"

"Tae?! Oh God, Tae!!! I am so sorry!!"

Taehyung closed his eyes, trying to hold it inside. But he lost it when he heard Jimin is already sobbing in the other line. Taehyung's tears were threatening to fall, so he kept his eyes closed.

"Jin-- he is missing, Tae. K-ken took him to lunch yesterday noon. Me and Hobi followed them a-and waited for them outside the restaurant. But it's almost 3 hours already and they're not coming back o-out. So we tried to call Jin but he wasn't answering anymore. W-we went inside the resto but Hobi and I couldn't find them a-anymore in there. Then we can't contact Jin's phone now. We don't know what to do now, o-or who to call. Should we report to the p-police?!"

Taehyung pressed on his temples and sighed deeply. But Jungkook spoke first as he knows Taehyung needs a moment from the news.

"Where are you right now, babe?"

"We're here at Jin's penthouse- me, Hobi, Joonie and Soobin. We went to Ken's office earlier. But they said he's not there. Now Hobi is trying to research where Ken lives. We could ask Jin's parents but we're not sure if we're supposed to tell them about this."

Yoongi tapped Taehyung's back to give him a boost, so the latter then held up his head high and took Jungkook's phone.

"Guys, listen to me carefully, please. Call Jin's parents and tell them the truth about the Lee's. Also, ask them to go to the police and ask for assistance to come to Jin's rescue. His father might be more powerful so the authorities wouldn't ignore his report. I will send thru an address as soon as we traced Jin's location..

Then you guys should stay and wait at our house. Ask Namjoon to take you there. No one knows where I live. So you'll be safer there than your own places, especially not there at Jin's penthouse. Keep your lines open but don't answer any other calls except ours. That's all for now. Anything happens out of the ordinary, call Jungkook."