33. Whiskey

Author-nim

After Jin and Taehyung showered and got dressed, Jin set up two glasses and a bottle of whiskey in his night table. Then he hopped onto his bed where Taehyung is seated and resting his back on the headboard, texting on his phone.

"Tae, let's drink! Are you staying the night?"

"Ok baby. I like that whiskey. Uhm yes, I'm texting Kook to stay with Joonie tonight."

"Can't you still consider moving into one of my buildings so you won't have to always worry that much with Joon's safety? I told you the security there is better."

"Baby, we've talked about this. I'll think of it again some other time. For now, I have something to talk to you about."

Taehyung was actually hesitant to tell Jin any details of their job. He knows he shouldn't, for Jin's safety as well, but he at least needs to warn Jin of what might possibly transpire.

"Okay, go ahead." Jin said while pouring them a glass of whiskey each. He then handed it to Taehyung who took a sip first before speaking.

"So, uhm-- we'll be on a new job this time. I'm not sure yet how it'll work but I'll be busy again these coming days."

Jin sighed then he downed his glass and placed it back to the night stand. Then he laid down on his side of the bed and covered himself with the duvet.

"Ok. Just tell me how long you'll be busy so I know when to expect a call from you again." Jin said then he turned his back on Taehyung, facing the other side.

Taehyung sighed deeply too, he set aside his glass and laid behind Jin, wrapping his arms around his waist. He scoots closer to Jin and kissed his nape gently.

"Baby.. I haven't even started yet and you're already turning your back at me." He whispered to Jin's neck.

"What else should I need to hear?! I don't want to know how dangerous your job will be, or how long you'll keep me waiting again. I already told you, I am worried at whatever it is you're doing, but I know I can't stop you. So just please spare me the details as I don't want to think too much." Jin said annoyingly.

"What I'm trying to say is, it involves your company this time."

Jin was surprised at what he heard so he turned around to face Taehyung. "Our company?! Why? Are you going to steal from us?!!"

"No, no. Of course not, baby. That's why I'm telling you, so you won't get involved anymore. Do you know anyone by the name Lee Kangchul? Just don't do business with him. Then you'll be fine."

"That's Ken's dad. I know they just got back from the US. But really, are they involved in something illegal?"

"Smuggled antique pieces, to put it in an easier way. Wait-- you knew that your ex is back in Seoul and you're not even telling me?!" Tae said with a creased forehead.

"I don't think it's relevant. Why should I tell you?!"

"Seokjin! Your first boyfriend a.k.a. your first love is back! You think it's not relevant??" Taehyung hissed at Jin and turned around to face the other way.

Jin pressed his lips together to suppress his laugh, but he moved closer to Taehyung and hugged his waist tight. "Someone's getting jelly.."

"Stop it. That's not funny, Jin! You're keeping things from me!!" Taehyung removed Jin's arm from hugging him and moved further. "I don't have anything to say anymore."

Jin rolled over to Taehyung's other side to face him, by crawling on top of him and settling down on the other side of the bed. "Ouch Jin! You're heavy!"

"You are cute when you get jealous, do you know that? You're even calling me by my name already?! What happened to baby??

..Why are you getting worked up at that, Tae? I haven't even talked to Ken yet, I just heard they're back, that's all. Coz they're actually invited to our annual shareholders ball. Which-- I was just about to ask you.. Can you come with me and be my date for that night??"

"What???"

"The thing is.. you need to be prepared for it. Coz I'll have to introduce you to my parents already.. and to the public, I guess?!! A lot of our other relatives will be there too who always ask a lot about things. And the media, like lots of reporters, will also be there. So yeah-- just be prepared, that's not too much for you, right?!"

"I-- uhm, isn't it too early for that? I mean, we've been dating for only some months and--"

"Tae, it's the perfect time for me to come out. I don't like hiding from anything anymore. Don't worry, I won't need to tell anything about you. Just walk alongside me that whole night, that's gonna be enough."

"I can't, baby. I'm sorry. I have to work that night. I might be attending the ball, but as an undercover. I have to keep eye on the Lee family. It's for your safety too.

Also, I'm afraid I'll only embarrass you in front of the public. I am a nobody. Whereas they're expecting you to be dating someone-- great. You know.." Taehyung said softly.

Jin caressed Taehyung's cheek and spoke near his face. "Who said you are not great?! You're the greatest thing that happened to me, Tae."

Jin leaned in to kiss Taehyung's lips. It was soft and gentle. They exchanged sweet pecks while Taehyung's hand traced Jin's curvy side, settling on his tiny waist.

After a while of the teasing kisses, Taehyung pulled back and said, "I'm really sorry, baby. For now just let me sort this job first. I'll try my best to keep you out of it. Just don't do anything with the Lee family, hmm? We still need to keep our relationship a secret from the public or from anyone. Sorry baby.."

Jin sighed and cupped Taehyung's cheeks, "Okay. Just promise me that you'll be careful. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I will. As no one would keep you safe if something happens to me. So I'll make sure I'm good. I love you, baby.."

Jin smiled lightly and gave him a soft kiss, he whispered against his lips, "I love you more, daddy."

"Shittt, no.. you did not just drop that daddy again!!"

Jin chuckled as Taehyung suddenly hovered on top of him, settling between his legs and dove into his mouth to kiss him aggressively.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

A/n: Are we still alive or what after that 'video call drinking session' of Taejin last night??! 😭