61. Ghosted

A week after.

Jin stares at his body at the mirror after taking his nightly shower. He turned sideways to take a photo of his tiny baby bump, he smiled as he was doing so but then it faded slowly when he remembered one person.

Looking at the photo in his phone, he muttered, "I wish your dad is here." Jin sighed then he puts on a robe and headed out to his bedroom.

Another night spent alone in his bed, Jin thought. He pulled the duvet over his body and rested his head on his fluffy pillow. After a few seconds of staring nowhere, Jin's eyes are getting blurry. Then he just let his tears stream down his cheeks.

It's been a week that Jimin and Hobi still stay with him at his penthouse, since Taehyung hasn't contacted him yet. They didn't want to leave Jin alone as he's getting more and more anxious by the day.

At times, Jin felt that Jimin and Hobi have already been talking to or meeting with Jungkook and Yoongi when he is in the office. But they've been telling Jin that they haven't called yet, maybe just not worry him about Taehyung not wanting to talk to him.

Jin took his phone and tried to dial Taehyung's number again, but it's still turned off. "Why won't he talk to me?! Isn't he being too much?? Did he forget about me and our baby already?!" Jin whispered to himself while sobbing silently.

He didn't want to make too much noise as he knows his friends are just in the next room. They tend to worry about Jin too much since he is pregnant and has gone thru a lot the past week.

Jin thought of calling Namjoon instead, also to check on his condition as well.

"Jin-hyung?"

"Hello, Namjoon. How are you?"

"Hyung! I'm okay. Just finished studying for my final exam tomorrow. Why are you still awake? It's already late. You shouldn't stay up this late, it's not good for you and my nephew."

"I'm in bed already. Just thought I'd check on you. Soobin said he already went back home to his parents. So I know you are alone there. Can you please let me know if--"

"If hyung has gone home?"

Namjoon went silent a bit, then he sighed and continued,

"Honestly, he called me the other day just to check on me. I didn't ask if he has called you already, but it seems like he hasn't yet? But he really hasn't been here at home. I think he's still busy.
Don't worry too much, hyung. If he calls again, I'll make sure he will call you too. Please take good care of yourself, Jin-hyung."

Jin tried to control his voice from cracking because of his cries, so he just said, "Thank you, Joonie. Let me know too if you need anything, hmm? Good night."

"Good night, hyung."

As soon as he ended the call, Jin just broke down, bursting into tears more. After a few while, he just breathed in so deep and forced his eyes close, so he can drift into his sleep.

*******

The next morning.

"Morning Jin! I prepared your oats with strawberries for your breakfast." Hobi greeted, as Jin walked into the kitchen.

Then Jin forced a smile and took his seat in front of the kitchen counter, "Thanks Hobi. Good morning! Where's Chim?"

"He's just on the phone at the balcony."

"Ah really?" Jin stood up and was about to head out of the kitchen, when Hobi suddenly shouted,
"Wait, Jin!! Uhm- that's a confidential call, I believe. So we have to stay here! Yeah, uhm. Please sit back down.."

"I'm not going to Chim. I just forgot to get my neck tie so I'm gonna get it in my room." Jin said.

He's getting more suspicious of how Jimin and Hobi behave around him when it comes to using their phones. Now, his mere intuition of them already contacting their boyfriends has gotten stronger.

"Ah, okay. I see. Go on, I'll wait for you here." Hobi said while awkwardly laughing.

Jin just silently turned around to go to his room, while he's in deep thoughts. He wanted to bring this up to his friends, but he chose not to, as he didn't want them to feel that they're obligated to keep their relationship with their boyfriends always the same as his relationship with Taehyung, just because they're all friends.

When Jin returned to the kitchen, Jimin is now there too.

"Hey, Jin! Good morning. How was your sleep?" Jimin greeted, then sipped on his coffee.

Jin smiled slightly while he gets himself a mug of his prenatal milk. Then he sat across his two best friends. "Morning, Chim. It's fine. Just same, ordinary night without Tae." Jin sighed but flashed a quick smile before he drank his milk.

Jimin and Hobi looked at each other and sighed. Then Jimin said, "Hey, since it's a Friday night, can we have a more relaxing time together? Maybe dinner at my resto? My call. I'll have a special table ready just for us."

"I'm not sure, Chim. I need to finish up some things in the office that I need for my lunch meeting tomorrow. Soobin has taken a half day leave today, he said he has an important matter to attend to for his parents. So he won't be able to help me with the presentation and the reports." Jin sighed, then he started eating the oats that Hobi prepared for him.

"A meeting tomorrow?! C'mon Jin, you can reschedule that for Monday, right? You don't need to work on a weekend." Hobi said.

"I don't have anything to do for the weekend, anyways. I was hoping to enroll at this parenting class, but how could I, when the father of this child isn't talking to me??" Jin frowned, almost teary-eyed.

Jimin bit his bottom lip, concerned at where the conversation is going. But he quickly said, "That's why we're here. We're going to spend time together, Jin! And let's start with a lovely dinner tonight, okay? Dress up nicely, please."

"But--"

"Uh-uh! I am not taking a no for an answer!"

"Yeah, we'll pick you up later after office. We'll be there extra early, okay!" Hobi added.

Jin just let out an 'okay' then went back to eating his breakfast.

*******

"Really, Chim?! You own so many restaurants, and you arranged our dinner here?! Where Tae and I first dated?!" Jin sighed and rolled his eyes, as they got out of Hobi's SUV.

Jimin covered his mouth in surprise, "Ooopss! Sorry, not intentional!! I didn't realize that, Jin. I'm so sorry."

"Shall we just go somewhere else?!" Hobi asked.

Jin sighed, "Yeah, maybe we should. It's still early anyways--"

"NO!!! NO!!" Jimin and Hobi shouted in unison as they pulled Jin, who was about to go back to the car.

"It's uhm- the traffic is too heavy on the way to the nearest resto, so maybe we should just stay here. And I have already bothered Chanyeol too much just to prepare us a really nice table." Jimin said.

"Uhm, okay. It's fine, I guess. I just hope we'll be in a different VIP room."

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴