38. Support System

The following morning.

Seokjin

As I try to open my eyes awake, I locate my phone on my night stand to see what time it is. It is almost noon but I still don't have a good morning text from Tae?!

I sighed and tossed my phone over my back. He's being like this again. I'm not surprised though. When I looked at him last night, he seemed so serious. I hope they're okay. I hope he's okay.

I took my phone again and dialed Hobi's contact. He answered right away.

"Hey Jin, what's up? Let me guess, you just got up?! I don't blame you. You had a hectic night."

I sighed at Hobi over the phone and said, "You know me so well. Yeah, I just woke up. Were you able to talk to Yoongi after last night? I mean, I haven't heard from Tae as of yet. I hope their job is going okay?!"

"Oh. Well, last night he was still able to bid me goodbye before they left the venue. But to make you feel better, he hasn't called yet today. They seem okay, don't worry too much. I think they were just there to observe or gather info or sumthin. So no need to worry."

"Ahh okay. Well, that kinda made me feel better alright. I thought it's only Tae who's aloof whenever they're on a job."

"Hmm, Yoongi said it's safer that they keep distance from us whenever they're on a mission, so don't worry, it has nothing to do with us. However, you might want to check what's number #1 trending online right now. You know, most searched and stuff. If you don't have a newspaper there, let me know and I'll take a photo of the headline today in my newspaper here and send it to you. This might be a teeny-weeny cause why Tae is aloof. Coz he didn't look amused last night after your speech.."

"What?! Why, what's going on?!"

"Hang up, so you can find out."

I hang up immediately and took a look at the web..

'Visual couple of the year revealed last night at annual shareholders ball: CEO of KSJ Property Holdings, Inc. dating his executive assistant. What a lovely Cinderella story!'

'Is this love triangle? Major shareholder x CEO x EA. Who's it gonna be?'

Oh fuck! I didn't need to read further. These are all trash news! I wonder if Tae has already seen all these..

I tossed my phone again to the other side of the bed and got up. But it suddenly rang. When I looked at it, my eyes widen at the name of the screen. But I answered it quickly,

"Yes, dad?"

"Seokjin, have you checked the news?"

"Yes, I did. I'm sorry dad, I didn't expect it to--"

"Have you checked the stock prices then?!"

"I, uhm--"

"I guess you haven't yet as you sound unsure. Let me tell you then, our company stock price has increased by 21% from yesterday's price. The highest we've had this year. Everything worked to your advantage, son."

Ok?! That was surprising! Not the stock prices - but him calling me son. The last time I remember, he almost wanted to disown me after I confessed that I'm gay and told them that Yejin and I are going to file a divorce.

"Uhm- well, I guess that's good news then, dad. But everything on the headlines is not real. I'm--"

"Then make it real, Seokjin. It's giving you good results, just what you need. Keep it up and you'll do just fine. If it's not your EA, then Lee Ken is not a problem for me too. I have been discussing business with his father. He'll make a great partner for you. That's what I've been telling you, Seokjin. Find someone better to cloud your failed marriage. See, I was right."