44. The Chase

Author-nim

"Jin is not picking up." Taehyung muttered as he dials Jin's number while Jungkook and Yoongi watch him. He then thought of calling Namjoon who might still be at Jin's penthouse as it's still early for his first class.

"Hello, hyung? Why are you calling? I thought you can't call for three more days?" Namjoon answered at the first ring.

"Namjoon-ah, is Jin still there? He's not picking up his phone." Taehyung asked quickly.

"Ah, maybe he's driving. He left early to pick Soobin up."

Taehyung suddenly became nervous, but he inhaled deep and turned his phone to speaker so Yoongi and Jungkook can hear.

"W-why would he pick Soobin up?"

"I heard yesterday that he's the one coming with him in a conference instead of a sick manager."

"Shittt!"

"Why, what's wrong? Don't worry hyung, I have already warned that Soobin to stop seducing Jin-hyung! I'll tell you about it when you get home." Namjoon said, clueless.

"Seducing?? Uh, no that's not it. Ok got to go. Just keep your line open, in case I needed to call you, okay?"

Taehyung then stood up after he hung up the phone. "Call Chen and Baek, I need them to hack into ITS!! (*Intelligent Traffic System). " Jungkook heads out of the room to get the guys, while Taehyung still tries to call Jin as he walks back and forth the room.

Yoongi told him, "Tae, sit down. Relax! We'll think this thru. How about we go now and ride motorcycles to the venue and just wait for them there?"

"What if something happens to them along the road?" Taehyung's forehead creased.

"Chen and Baek can tell us which road to take as we go once they're inside ITS."

It was supposed to be only an ordinary day for Taehyung at his job, but today he felt like it's going to be a day he would never forget. "Ok, let's go. I'll borrow Baek's motorbike.. I swear if something happens to my baby and our baby, I will hunt Lee Ken down!"

*******

Jin's phone kept ringing while he drives which he just kept on ignoring earlier as he thinks they are just calls from the office. He expects that it's not Taehyung since the latter rarely calls whenever he's on a job. But since it's been ringing for minutes already, he said, "Hey Soobin, would you mind getting my phone in my bag please and connect it to the car?" Soobin did as he asked.

As soon as it rang again, Jin pressed the button on his steering wheel to answer it on speaker, "Hello??"

"Baby! Finally you picked up!! Where are you right now??" Taehyung quickly said thru his airpods.

"Tae? Why are you calling? Is everything okay?" Jin asked worriedly.

"Just tell me where you are please?" Taehyung was keen to know which road Jin has taken as Chen said that he can't find Jin's car anywhere along the possible routes to the conference venue. He, along with Jungkook and Yoongi, head out on motorbikes to find Jin's car. Taehyung's instincts say that something's up on the way when it was said that Jin's car can't be found anywhere.

"Oh, I'm on my way to a conference at Wangju."

"Which way, baby??" Taehyung asked calmly.

"Uhm-" Jin looked at Soobin, coz he can't clearly remember what it's called. He just followed the signage.

"Sir, I believe it was Shenwa Road." Soobin whispered.

"Shenwa Rd, Tae. The main highway is closed. So we were directed here."