62. Awkward

As Jin, Jimin and Hobi entered the restaurant, Jin was creeped out by the darkness inside. So he whispered,
"Chim, is it closed already?!"

"Uhm, no. Wait, I'll check." Jimin said, then he and Hobi left Jin standing alone at the middle as they hurried their way inside.

When Jin followed them a bit more onto the center of the resto, the lights suddenly turned on and Jin got startled by a lot of people who shouted,

Surprise!!!!! 🥳 🎉

Party poppers exploded enormous amounts of confetti above Jin's head, claps, cheers and laughter filled the air as Jin looked around, still trying to process what is happening.

Then his sight got darted in front of him, as a handsome, well-dressed man with bouquet of flowers walks to him. He stopped breathing for a while, but Jin's eyes welled up with tears as he muttered,

"T-tae--"

"Hi baby.. Missed me?!" Taehyung whispered at Jin's ear as he stopped in front of Jin and handed him the flowers. "For you.."

Jin took the flowers, but his forehead creased, looking up at Taehyung's eyes - he stared daggers at him. Then he slightly kicked Taehyung's stomach with his left foot to push him further, and he started to hit him with the bouquet repeatedly, while he shouted,

"You-- fucking-- rascal!!! How could you ghost me for a week!! What the fuck did I do to deserve that, huh!!! I am not going to show you my child once I gave birth, I swear to--"

Taehyung tried to avoid the hits from the bouquet by covering his face with his arms. Then he quickly pulled Jin for an embrace to stop him and calm him down.

The people around them got a bit surprised at Jin's initial reaction, their eyes wide as they watch Jin and Taehyung 'talk' at the middle of the restaurant. They didn't know how to react, and whether they should do something to stop them or whatnot.

"Wait-- baby!! Calm down, please!! I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry-- baby please.."

When Jin has stopped hitting Taehyung with the bouquet, he was catching his breath and sniffing softly as he tried to hold back his tears. He then threw the flowers away and quickly wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck.

Jin buried his head against Taehyung's neck while he started to sob. "How c-could you leave me just like that?! I got so a-anxious every single day that you didn't c-call. I'm so sorry if I had hurt you too m-much. I didn't mean to. If you would only let me e-explain--"

"Sshhh. There's no need for that baby. I know everything now. I guess you can say that I just took advantage of the situation so I can prepare for this night." Taehyung said softly as he rubs Jin's back.

Jin leaned back to look at Taehyung's face. The latter wiped his tears using his thumbs, then Taehyung said,
"And I didn't leave you, baby. Watch your CCTV from last week up to last night. I was always there, just watching you while you were sleeping. Chim and Hobi knew, ask them."

Jin's eyes widen then he turned to look at his friends, smiling and giggling back at him. "What the hell--"
Jin turned back to Taehyung,
"Why would you do that?! I suffered a lot while you were gone! And what are you preparing for, anyways??"

Taehyung took a deep breath and stepped back from Jin, releasing his hold on him. He then said, "I had to take my time to convince them--"

Taehyung pointed to Jin's parents, who are standing from not too far, smiling while they watch them.

"Mum, Dad?!"

"Yup. They're here coz they gave me their blessing already."

"B-blessing?!!"

"Yes, baby. I was preparing for this night, when I can finally let everyone know-- well.. not everyone. Just the most special people in our lives - your parents - Mr. Kim Jinhoo and Mrs. Kim Sunhee, my brother Namjoon, his boyfriend Soobin, my best friends and yours too - Yoongi and Hobi, Jungkook and Jimin. These people that I wish to witness this special night.."

Taehyung took Jin's hand to his, letting Jin feel that his hands are too cold right now. Jin smiled slightly, but he continued to tear up. His heart is racing too fast, as he is already having ideas as to what Taehyung is up to.

Then Taehyung spoke again,
"Do you still remember, just less than a year ago, when we first had our blind date here? You were expecting me to be the perfect, smart and rich ass man. On the other hand, I was hoping just to have a great fuck night with you.."

Jin chuckled remembering everything that transpired that night, while Jinhoo's forehead creased hearing what Taehyung said. The old man wanted to interrupt, but Sunhee gripped on him tight and tapped on his arm to relax him down.

Taehyung continued, squeezing on Jin's hand tighter,
"Baby, after a lot of the challenges we have gone thru together, the lessons we've learned about each other, and the experiences we have shared, whether happy times or even the sad ones-- who would have thought, at that exact time, that your blind date who's just a gangster- will be the father of your child, and will be here in front of you-- asking you to marry him and spend your life with him for the rest of eternity?!"

Jin's mouth went agape at finally hearing what he's been thinking,
"W-what-- Tae?!" He then burst into more tears when he saw Taehyung got down on one knee and took something out of his pocket.

"What I was saying was-- I don't have any fucking extravagant promises. You know how I roll. But I can promise you that I will love you- our angel here and more of our future children, more than my own fucking life. And I will keep you safe, even if it means killing and blowing up the heads of a bunch of bastards--"

Jinhoo was surprised at what he heard that he loudly said, "What?!"

Jin pressed his lips to suppress his laugh, then he whispered to Taehyung, "That's TMI, Tae.."

Taehyung bit his bottom lip then he waved his hand to shrug off everything he said,
"Sorry.. I mean-- in short.. Just, well-- uhm will you marry me, Kim Seokjin, my baby?!"

Jin smiled widely as Taehyung opened the ring box and held it high up in front of him. He answered, with tears in his eyes, but with the loveliest smile, "Yes, Tae!! Of course I will marry you!!! I never thought you would ask this early, but thank you for doing so! I am sure anyways that you're the one I'd like to spend my forever with, Tae. I love you so much!!"

Pulling Taehyung up, Jin caressed Taehyung's face. Then the latter quickly captured Jin's lips into his, kissing him slowly but passionately.

Loud cheering and claps suddenly filled the whole venue - Jimin and Hobi are the loudest, shouting at the top of their lungs, feeling happy for their best friend's new journey.

As Taehyung pulled back from their kiss, he spoke against Jin's lips,
"I love you too so very much, baby."
Then he took the ring and put it on Jin's finger. He said, "This is a real diamond, you should know."

Jin giggled a bit, "Sure, it is. As if I didn't know you just recently stole an emerald and diamond tiara."

Taehyung chuckled, his boxy smile made Jin smile widely too. Then the latter cupped Taehyung's face and pulled him in for another kiss, this time deeper and wilder. They didn't mind, even just for a bit, the people around them who are happily cheering for them.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

A/n: Ending my day with a happy update for you, mah loveys! I'm actually feeling proud of our MBDIAG couple, idk why but I feel like they're so strong now after everything, even if they haven't been together for so very long like other couples 😩😭

My heart is happy too because of our Taejin today. Plus the comeback of course! Therefore, wishing y'all a Happy Easter! 🐰

Borahae 💜