30. Brothers

Author-nim

Taehyung and Namjoon browse thru the menu of the restaurant that Jin brought them into, while they wait for him as he takes another business call. Jin asked them to go with him for lunch for an important matter that Jin wanted to discuss.

"Hyung, the foods here are so expensive. It's so hard to pick one. You think Jin-hyung won't mind if I order a lot?"

"Yeah, just order anything. The prices here are nothing compared to his friend's resto. Jimin's. Remember, I told you about him? The small guy that Jungkook is dating."

"Ahh. Yes, I do. Well, the Parks' chain of restaurants are really well-known as they gain numerous Michelin stars amongst their branches, making their menu top-notch and expensive."

"Yeah, I've heard of those Michoolem stars, whatever the fuck are those! Anyways, if you're going to get steak, I'm already telling you that there are two options - well done and medium rare. I don't want you to appear ignorant when you order. So remember that when you're asked how you want it cooked, okay?" Taehyung whispered to his brother, concerned and looking around with his 'Tata mic face'.

Namjoon creased his forehead, he said, "Actually hyung, there are five ways on how a steak is cooked - rare, medium rare, medium, medium well and well-done."

"Really? Wow. I thought Jimin's resto is great! Maybe it really wasn't. As they know only two ways. Tsk tsk! I need to tell Jin about it--"

Jin suddenly came and sat down at the table with them, cutting Taehyung off, "Hey guys. Sorry about that! It's been crazy at the new project site as it's close to being finished. Anyways, have you chosen already what you want to eat?"

"Yes hyung, can I have steak? I haven't tried one before. Can you make that two orders please? I really like meat. And also, penne pasta and green salad too, if that's okay?"

Jin smiled at the shy Namjoon, "Of course, that's okay. We'll have to go out more often together so you won't feel shy anymore. Your hyung and I eat a lot too."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, baby. I don't like a chaperone on our dates. Furthermore, you'll go broke feeding Joon! Take it from me!" Taehyung said while Namjoon rolled his eyes.

Jin only chuckled and called for the waiter to place their orders.

*******

After the sumptuous meal they had while talking about random things about the brothers, the three are already starting to enjoy their desserts.

Then Jin pulled out a file folder from his hand bag and handed it to Namjoon. He started to speak, "That is the main reason why I asked you both to meet me."

Namjoon and Taehyung looked confused as they open the folder and read the documents.

"You might remember that time when an agent asks you to answer an assessment test online? That has to do with that. I referred you to our company group's foundation. It's like a charity that funds scholars and send them to finish college, provide them allowances and all the necessities for completing your course.

However, you'll need to render a few years of service to the company group after you graduate. It can also be a good training foundation for you while earning a competitive salary package. If you decide to go to other industries, it's fine as long as you finish the required years with our company."

Namjoon is still processing everything that he heard. While Taehyung was quite taken aback at what Jin said. He scoots closer to Jin and rubbed his thigh, "Baby, as much as I appreciate this, you don't need to send Joon to school. I can pay for his tuition just fine."

Jin caressed Taehyung's hand on his thigh and said, "Tae, I'm not the one sending him to school. It's the company. Namjoon earned it. He passed the assessment and he's being invited to come in person for further exams and a panel interview.

He has to get ready for those, if he passes, then he'll get in. If not, then he won't. I'm sorry, even if I was the one who referred him, it won't be an advantage to him. Well, that's if he's interested in it."

Jin sighed as Taehyung only stared at him, so he added, "Look Tae, I'm not saying that you can't provide for your brother. I just want to give him an opportunity to take advantage of other resources. That way, you can focus more on other things, without worrying about your brother's school."

Namjoon cleared his throat and said, "Jin-hyung is right, hyung. You've been working so hard since I was young. I should've tried this a long time ago. I just couldn't get the opportunity to do so. But here it is right now. Maybe I can help you too by being a scholar. I know I can pass this! And I've always wanted to be part of the KSJ Property Holdings Inc. It's really difficult to enter there."

Taehyung saw the excitement in Namjoon's face, then he looked at Jin who looks anxious, he told them, "Okay then. Just know that you don't need to pressure yourself in getting this. Just do your best. If you don't get it, then it might not be for you. But don't worry about it, hyung can always do anything for you."

"Yes, I know that hyung. And I am very grateful. But with this, I promise I'll make you proud." Namjoon smiled, flashing his dimples on both cheeks, before he went back to reading the documents in his hands.

Jin feeling accomplished, he inhaled deep and said, "Thank you. I'm so happy that you are going to try, Joon. I'm sure you'll make your brother proud.."

Then Jin turned to Taehyung, still squeezing his thigh, he whispered to his ear, "And you, my daddy bear, thanks for letting me do this for Joon. I want to do something for him and be a brother to him too. So then maybe, you can start focusing on your plans for us?!"

Taehyung smiled, sliding his hand higher, "Right now, I can't focus on anything but taking you to bed to express my gratitude and reward you with something great. I just want to--"

"Ehem, excuse me. I'm still here. Really, hyung?! You might want to get a room?!" Namjoon cleared his throat, feeling awkward witnessing the two flirting.

"Right! That's the smartest thing you've said so far! Now, go home alone and start studying for that! While my baby and I get busy.." Taehyung said, smirking at Jin who's now blushing a dark shade of red.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

A/n: Author-nim is trying to update as much as I can, as I know I owe you loveys. Thanks for waiting patiently. Love y'all! Borahae 💜💜💜