40. Snowfall, Fireworks

Taehyung

"...Have to go, baby, sorry. Good night, and go to sleep now, pls. Love you."

"Tae, come on!! Boss Bang is already inside."

I quickly hung up and followed behind Yoongi.

I know Jin must be feeling stressed coz of their company. I can't do much for him though because of this job. The least I can do right now is let him know that I'm not bothered by the news at all.

But honestly, I've been questioning myself a lot. Can I really make Jin happy? Am I the right person for Jin? Do I really deserve someone so great like my baby?!

Sigh.

Why is it not that Yoongi and Kook go thru the same thing? Maybe Jimin and Hobi's parents are not as strict as Jin's. As far as I can see, they're all successful. It's just that Jin maybe is on a bit higher level that all eyes are on him. I can't believe that I got someone like Kim Seokjin to love me despite who I am.

Well, come to think of it - my baby loves me for me.. nothing more, nothing less. And that should answer all of my questions.

*******

It's almost midnight when I got home. But when I got into our bedroom, Namjoon is still awake, reading at his study table with only his lamp on.

"Still studying?!"

"Hyung! Ah yes, I got exams tomorrow. Did you eat already?"

"Yeah I'm good. I'm going to bed. Don't overwork yourself. Go to sleep as soon as you finish that up." I said as I slide to the bottom of the bunk bed.

"Ok hyung. Hmm, after this set of exams, I need to go find a place where I can do my OJT. I hope I can find one that pays trainees too, even just a small allowance will do. That way, I won't need to ask money from you anymore. And then I can also buy us groceries. Jin-hyung still sends groceries every week, and I'm starting to feel like I'm also becoming a burden to him too."

I'm quite surprised at what he just said so I stared at him for a while.

"Who's a burden to who?! Don't think that Joon. Jin likes to do that coz he doesn't have any siblings, and he wants to treat you as one. You don't need to worry about money. You got the scholarship by working hard, so hyung has more savings than before since I don't need to pay your tuition fees anymore. Now, just worry about doing good with your studies and OJT."

Namjoon climbed up the bunk bed without saying a thing to me. After a while, I heard him say, "Hyung, are you doing okay, though?"

I creased my forehead, why is he asking me that now? I answered anyways, "Yeah I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay?!"

"You know.. all those dating rumors about Jin-hyung. I know those aren't true. But just checking you're all good."

"Yeah. You said it, those aren't true."

I heard Namjoon sighed deep, "Yes, we both know those aren't true. But-- I was just thinking, you might be busy minding on how you would feel towards it. Did you even ask Jin-hyung how he's feeling?"

Oh. I think I didn't, though I checked how he's doing earlier. Despite having the feeling that he's stressed out, I didn't even tell him directly that he shouldn't feel sensitive towards the issues.

"I'm not sure if I did. I really want to come to him but I need to be in Busan with Yoongi and Kook tomorrow, and we need to be there for three days."

"Ah, so you'll miss the first snowfall of the year then?!"

"What's the big deal with that anyways?!" Jin mentioned that too earlier, and I don't get what's so special about it.