53. Ex-lover

Some days later.

Jin decided to invite his parents for a dinner at one of Jimin's restaurants, closer to his parents area. He discussed with Taehyung how much he already wants to share with his parents the news of him being pregnant.

But knowing his father, Jin thought it is better to talk to them first without Taehyung yet. As he didn't want to fill them with too much surprise in one night. He knew they wouldn't be in favor of Taehyung, especially that he won't be able to tell them what he really does for a living.

For tonight, Jin is just planning to give his parents an idea on what kind of man Taehyung is, and as a father of his first child.

"Hopefully they could warm up with him just by how I will describe him." He muttered to himself while sipping on his mango shake, waiting for his parents to arrive.

Just on their agreed time, Jin's parents arrived. With a smile on their faces, they came into the private room of the restaurant.

"Jin.." Sunhee said. "It's been a while since I've seen my only son. How are you, my Seokjin?"

"Hi mum." Jin greeted her with a big smile, then he turned to bow before Jinhoo, "Good evening, dad."

"Seokjin-ah." Jinhoo tapped the shoulder of his son.

"I'm glad to meet you both tonight. I have so much to talk with you about. But first, please have a seat. I have placed orders already but if you'd like something else, please let me know." Jin said, guiding his parents to sit with him.

"Actually, we have instructed them to add more space to our table. Ken and his father are coming. So we might need to add more foods to our order." Jinhoo said.

"What?! Why are they coming? This is supposed to be our dinner as a family." Jin exclaimed. He wasn't aware that his father invited other people to this dinner he's been looking forward to, worse, it's the Lee family.

"Don't worry Jin, they are going to be family too, soon. Because we are to finalize your wedding arrangement tonight." Sunhee said. "Son, I think your father is right with the Lee family. According to Kangchul, his son has been your lover before, therefore, you two will perfectly work out this time. Is that right?"

"Mum, that was a long time ago. Things have been changed. Ken for sure has changed too, and--"

"Seokjin, you have changed too. It's just a matter of how both of you will understand and accept each other. I'm sure you both have matured in your ways compared as to when the two of you were in your previous relationship.
Come to think of it, if you have told us earlier about him, we could've accepted you with Ken. And we should've not arranged you with Yejin anymore." Jinhoo said in his loud, somewhat authoritative voice.

Jin was about to protest further when the door opened, the Lee's coming in. His eyes landed instantly to Ken, grinning at him widely.

"Good evening! Ahh Jinhoo, Sunhee.. it is always such a delight to see you both. And wow.. Seokjin. The photos in the news do you no justice! You are an angel in person.." Kangchul stepped towards Jin and gave him a quick hug.

"Mr. Lee, it is quite a surprise to meet you tonight." Jin said, forcing a small smile. Ken then approached him next, placing a peck on his cheeks.

"Hey, Jinnie. How have you been?"

"Hi Ken.. I'm doing good, thank you." Jin smiled slightly.

"Please, have your seats. I will pour everyone a glass of champagne. This is a night to celebrate union of our families." Jinhoo said, getting the bottle of champagne cooling in the bucket.