24 || I Am Yours

JIMIN & DANBI

Danbi POV

"I hope you enjoy your new purchase! Come back and see us again any time!" The kind salesclerk chirps as she passes my items in a pink striped paper bag.

"I appreciate all of your help. Thank you so much." I reply with a slight warmth to my cheeks.

Taking the bag from her, I shyly drop my sight to my feet as I exit the store. I shouldn't be ashamed of carrying a lovely shopping bag from a high end retailer, but I am so I quickly decide to buy something from another not so intimacy related store as a cover.

Kookie loves wearing oversized hoodies. His favorite is the black one I gave to him for our first Christmas together, and he has worn it so often the color is fading from so many washes.

The idea I have is a simple yet complicated one. I can't possibly take another night of hours long throbbing and aching between my thighs so I have planned to entice Kookie with some naughty talk and sexy lingerie. Amending the plan, I decide to begin the night by making a delicious dinner and the gift of a new hoodie and his favorite cologne.

The men's sportswear store I enter has more women shoppers today than I believe I have ever seen in one store at a time. A few of them are alone, shopping racks but not really looking at any of the items.

I find a table of hoodies that are quite similar to my fiancé's favorite. Groups of two and three women gather in random clusters nearby whispering and staring towards the front of the store. One woman has her attention so far gone, she almost knocks me over.

"Oh! Excuse me, sweetie." She apologizes without looking in my direction.

"It's.. fine.." I frown at her lack of eye contact.

I brush her off to return to my task. It takes longer than I'd expected to find a hoodie that my Kookie will like that also comes in a bigger size but I succeed. I hold up the two tone midnight blue and deep burgundy top with a large grin across my face.

My honey will love it!

Draping the shirt over my arm, I begin to head towards the cologne counter. There are even more women peppered about than there were when I first arrived and they continue to filter into the store.

The closer I get to the counter the stronger I feel an emotion I've never felt before. My steps falter and I pause, looking around the store at the gathering women.

My breaths quicken. A pull in my body drags me closer to the counter on wobbly legs.

"You really don't have to.. oh.. okay."

I know that voice.

"Please! I insist, sir." The salesclerk replies. "It is such a handsome sweater, it deserves to be wrapped up tightly in a nice box.. just like its owner."

Oh my!

"Oh. Wow. You really said.." His words fade when I come into view of the salesclerk.

I stand far enough behind him that he doesn't know I am even there unless someone tells him. All of the women in the store have their eyes locked on this man, ogling his body and licking their lips.

Some women caress their own necks, others tug at the bottom hem of their tops. I notice a few fanning themselves or unbuttoning one more button on their blouses, but they all have the exact same expression.

They all look starved.

Every.. single.. woman.

Jimin's body goes stiff as he clutches the edge of the counter in front of him. His thigh muscles bulge through the light denim of his jeans and his shoulders tense as his head turns only slightly enough to make out the clench of his jaw.

His eyelids flutter when takes a slow deep inhale.

"Which color would you prefer for the ribbon? Blue or- hey!" The salesclerk calls noticing Jimin turn to walk away from her.

Jimin's steps don't waver; he walks directly to me with his stare never diverting from mine. His breathing is noticeably heavier and it takes a few breaths to realize my breathing has matched with his.

"Danbi." He gasps out my name, his golden eyes twinkling.

I try to drop my eyes to my shoes but something won't let me. "Uhm.. Jimin. Hello."

"H-how are you?"

The women's whispers increase around us. The few voices I can decipher want to know why Jimin, who they call a blonde god on earth, decided to approach 'the oddly shaped girl with mousy brown hair'.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I am, uh.." He swallows nervously, rubbing his palms on the thighs of his jeans. I hear a woman moan at his gesture. "I'm okay. I am actually glad I ran into you. I was thinking that maybe we could talk."

Shuffling the hoodie from one arm to the other, I ask "What would you like to talk about?" I have to fight to hold my composure as it feels like my insides have started to quiver.

"Can we-" Jimin stops when a woman wolf whistles. A few catcall innuendos are thrown his way visually embarrassing him. "Can we go somewhere more private to talk? Please?"

"We both know that you don't want to take me somewhere private to just talk, don't we? That's not what.. the fates.." I adjust my purse on my shoulder and clench my fist, crinkling the paper bag I have forgotten I am holding as it has become so difficult to think clearly.

Jimin's eyes lower to the origin of the sound. He tugs his bottom lip between his pearly teeth at the sight of the lingerie store logo on the outside of the bag.

My knees clench together. The throb is gradually returning the longer I stand here in front of him, making me quite uncomfortable in front of so many judgmental eyes.

His gaze returns to mine only now it is hungrier. "Please call for me, Danbi. I need you desperately. I will do anything. Just please call for me."

"There are plenty of women here. You can have your pick of any of them. You could have all of them if you wanted, I'm sure. Talk to one of them."

"I don't belong to them." His voice breaks. "I am yours."

"You are your own person, Jimin, and you are fully capable of plugging yourself into another hole that isn't mine. I think the fates have made a major mistake this time. Now if you will excuse me." I nudge my way past him..

..or I try to nudge my way past him, but he grabs my wrist. Holding it lightly as if he is afraid he may hurt me, he whispers, "I am your person, Danbi. Please tell me you don't truly believe the fates made a mistake with us."

"I do believe it. I also believe that my fiancé is the only man for me, as a husband and a lover."

The soft whimper Jimin releases sounds similar to a wounded animal. His breath catches in his throat as it bobs several times. "Please don't say that."

"I have to get home to my fiancé. Goodbye, Jimin."

"Please just talk this through with me. We can go anywhere you wish, public or private, as long as we can talk. Nothing will happen that you don't want to happen. I promise."

It feels like the women that surround us are moving in closer. Thoughts of my hands and lips on every inch of Kookie's strong body have begun to bounce around my brain and are causing an uncomfortable situation in my panties.

At least I think the body belongs to my Kookie. My brain can't seem to make out the features of his face.

"Let me go or I'll scream." This is my last resort. I have to get away from here.

With a deep sigh, Jimin reluctantly releases my wrist. His teary eyes scan my face one last time. "I hope deep down you really don't mean that. I have waited so very long to connect with you."

I stand strong even in my weakened state. "Well, you can stop waiting now. It's never going to happen."

--

a/n: Jimin always gets me all in my feels..