71 || Braving The Weather

HOSEOK & ASTRA (JETTA)

Hoseok POV

"Who is the most handsome little fella alive? Who is he?" I coo at my son as I squish his round cheeks with my index fingers.

Jax gurgles at me with the most adorable smile and kicks his legs happily. Continuing to dress him in his matching tan hoodie and black sweatpants, I call to Astra over my shoulder.

"Astra! Baby! Come on! We're going to be late!"

Jax makes a noise as if he is copying my call to his mother. I resume baby talking just for him.

"Ywes, yew are swooo handswome, Jaxy Waxy."

"I hate when you talk to him like that, Hoseok." Astra's voice so close behind me makes me flinch.

I turn sideways, placing one hand flat on Jax's belly to keep him still, and wrap my free arm around Astra's waist tugging her closer. Her heart flutters when my thigh meets the apex of her legs.

Closing the gap between my lips and her ear, I lower my voice as I reply "Punish me for it later?"

My words make Astra's core clench. I love that I know the exact moment it happens.

"I see you both are wearing matching outfits," Astra notices changing the subject.

"Yeah. Dykema bought this hoodie for Jax and I thought it would be nice if he wore it to meet her. Kinda thought it would be cute for Jax's mom and dad to match as well."

"I don't wear sweats, Hoseok. You know that."

"So you have said, but I thought that you might make an exception this time." I nod over her shoulder to a box sitting in the rocking chair in the corner of Jax's nursery.

Even though Astra is frowning, she leaves my side to open the box. She pulls out one piece of clothing and then another examining them carefully.

"I wasn't sure if you would like loose or form-fitting so I had them make both from your current measurements. The looser version is in a darker color which I know that you prefer looser, darker clothing while you're menstruating."

Astra's blue-green eyes blink at me. "How did you know that.."

"We tethered, Astra. You carried my child in your body for nine months which only strengthened our bond. I can feel you all of the time."

"But I only just started this morning." Her voice is soft as she looks down to the clothing.

"I know," I reply picking up Jax and laying him against my left shoulder. I walk up to my wife from behind slipping my arm around her waist and laying my hand on her lower belly. "Your cramps suck."

She giggles out a sob. "You can feel those?"

I kiss her neck. "Yes. I've already sent my assistant out for a heating pad and some pain medicine, and I have an order on reserve for later from that cute little Thai restaurant you love so much."

Astra wipes her eyes with her thumb. "I hope you asked for extra sauce."

"Of course, my love. Will you join your husband and your son in looking like the mwost adworable fwamily on the pwlanet?"

Nodding, she place a kiss on my lips. "You're an idiot, Hoseok Jung."

--

"I can't believe he's asleep right now," Astra whispers as we walk through the park to meet Dykema.

"He's a baby. It's in the job description," I say glancing down to a very deep-sleeping Jax in his stroller.

"He's going to be awake all night. I just know it."