You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine

i've been listening to johnny cash's cover of you are my sunshine so enjoy fuckers!

i suggest you all listen to johnny cash's version of the song whilst reading (or just listen to it while reading the part where they sing it)

sambucky

Sam woke up panting, covered in sweat. Bucky, who was sleeping next to him, stirred and slowly sat up.

"Sammy? What happened?" Bucky asked, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"I, I had a nightmare. It was, it was about Riley's crash again." Sam gripped the quilt tightly.

Bucky gently laid a hand over one of Sams.

"Hey, it's ok." Bucky said soothingly, rubbing Sams back. "Come on, lie back down."

Sam nodded and let Bucky tuck him into his side.

"Do you want to talk about it or just leave it?" Bucky asked, tracing patterns over Sams arm.

"Leave it. Please." Sam said.

"Ok, you got it." Bucky whispered and kissed Sams forehead.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping." Bucky sang quietly.

"I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken. So I bowed my head, and cried." Sam recognised the song as Bucky sang it after every nightmare.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please, don't take my sunshine away."

For the next verse, Sam joined in.

"I've always loved you and made you happy. And nothing else, could come between. But now you've left me, to love another. You have shattered all of my dreams." They sang together.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

They stayed silent for a couple more minutes before Sam broke it.

"Why do you always sing it after I have a nightmare?" Sam asked.

"My Mama sang it if me or my sisters had a nightmare." Bucky replied. "Why? Do you want me to stop?"

"No. I like it."

Bucky smiled and kissed Sams cheek.

~~~

"Come on Bucky, stay awake for me ok? Helps on it's way." Sam said, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Sammy, I love you." Bucky whispered.

"I love you too Jamie, don't fucking die on me." Sams voice cracked.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping.
I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken. So I bowed my head, and cried." Sam started crying, the tears flowing down his face and dripping onto Buckys face.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please, don't take my sunshine away."

"I've always loved you and made you happy. And nothing else, could come between. But now you've left me, to love another. You have shattered all of my dreams." Sam started hiccuping.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

Sam leaned down and rested his forehead on Buckys.

"I love you so much, Jamie." Sam whispered.

"I love you too Sammy. We'll see each other again soon." Bucky whispered faintly.

Sam nodded as he heard Bucky take his last breath.

Sam gripped Buckys hand. "You'll always be my Sunshine."

i was crying while listening to you are my sunshine and then i listened to Stoick's ship straight after which was a bad idea

i'm on a FUCKING roll today with updating this. now watch me disappear til new years lmao

—Penguin🐧(they/he)