Ch 13

Finally, after the 3rd day of celebration we were ready to depart. All of us were onboard besides Nami, but I knew she'd be here.

The villagers were thanking us again as we got the ship ready to sail. The boys were beginning to question whether or not Nami was going to show.

Just then, we saw her. The villagers hushed as they noticed her standing atop the hill. "Start moving the ship!" she shouted, just before she started running.

We realized her objective and Usopp wondered if it was okay to let her leave like this. I just shrugged, it's not like it's up to us, it's her goodbye. The villagers tried stopping her, but she wasn't called the cat burglar for nothing!

She got on board the ship and slowly started lifting her top, smiling as hundreds of wallets fell out. The villagers were angry at first, but then relieved as they knew she'd be just fine out on the seas.

We all waved goodbye, and started off on our next adventure!

....

It's been a few days now, and we were all on deck when Nami payed for a newspaper from a bird, complaining to him about the price increase.

Luffy was currently trying to pick a tangerine from the tree that Nami brought from her village. I laughed as Sanji smacked him down, taking on the role as security guard for Nami's orchard.

"Looks like Sanji's letting himself be used," Zoro mumbled from next to me.

I giggled, "well, at least I don't feel too bad knowing I'm not the only one."

"It's not the same."

"I know," I smiled. Zoro's words from before really left a mark on me. I have these powerful men who entrust their strength to me. With the power I have from them, I'd never have to use anyone else.

We tuned in to the others when they started shouting. Luffy held up a poster with his face on it. Joy spread through me as I realized it was a bounty poster. Usopp was happy to be in the background, and Sanji was pouting.

"30,000 berries, huh?" Zoro mumbled. "The guys who come after us will be in a whole other league now."

I tilted my head, "worried, Zoro?"

"Of course not, idiot. Just stating a fact." I smiled, knowing he was a bit worried.

I raised my fist and cracked it into his skull, "stop calling me that, idiot!"

"Oi!" He shouted in pain. His attention shifted to the sea, "Hana, get your coat." I did, trusting his intuition.

I pulled it out of my Realm and put it on, folding my wings. I haven't been wearing it on board since everyone was in on the secret. I finally saw the marine ship that grabbed his attention. I put on my hood for good measure. As it got closer, I questioned if it was a marine ship. Maybe it got attacked? It had a bunch of holes in it. And half-assed repairs.

Apparently the marine knew Luffy and Sanji. He seemed like he held more of a personal grudge. I tuned out, he wasn't worth my attention. He left almost as quickly as he came.

We needed to stock up on some supplies before we could head into the Grand Line, so we set our destination to Loguetown. It was nice to have someone on the crew who knew how to navigate.

The next morning, I was in the kitchen sorting out some of the food items that the towns people gave, and also pulling stuff from my storage that I stole from Arlong Park before we left. I could hear everyone start moving about as they woke up. Sanji entered the kitchen, saying good morning to Nami as he passed her by.