Ch 7

We made it to the restaurant, where we discussed plans to get a ship. I thought about my stash of money, wondering if there was enough to buy a good sized one. I haven't had a chance to stock up lately.

This town didn't look like it had anywhere to get one anyways.

"What about that mansion, on the hill?" Zoro asked. "Maybe they'd know where to get one." I saw the mansion he mentioned, and it did seem like it belonged to that of nobility.

Usopp, the liar, made bad excuses as to why going there would be a bad idea, before taking his leave.

The three kids that follow him came in and told us that he probably went to that mansion, so we decided to go there anyways. Luffy easily brought us over the tall walls and crash-landing us into the yard.

It didn't take us long to find Usopp, and it didn't take the staff long to find us. We accidentally got kicked out by the butler, who baited Usopp into punching him before we left. Nasty guy.

Luffy wandered off, probably to find Usopp who ran away from our group.

I should be fine without him for awhile, as long as I could still feel him. Luffy really likes Usopp, already feeling a kinship because of how often his father, Yasopp, talked about him.

After awhile of waiting, I decided to wander off as well. I'm gonna take this chance to have a bath!

As soon as the coast was clear, I stepped into my realm.

I appeared right in my room. I needed to clean up, still feeling gross from my panic attack. After I was satisfied, I got dressed and went outside to stretch my wings. The pain in my muscles was gone.

I leapt into the air, joy filling my heart. I loved flying, the freedom it brings was something I longed for daily.

I flew in large circles over the house, just feeling the wind racing over my skin. I flew higher, twisting, and twirling. I couldn't wait to get stronger, I wouldn't have to hide my wings anymore! I could fly as freely as I wanted no matter where I was!

I was having so much fun, I didn't even notice when Luffy's power started fading. If I had noticed, I would have used the last of it to land safely.

The air was forced out of my lungs as I folded over a tree branch. I heard something snap, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the tree.

I tumbled the rest of the way to the ground. Pain spread throughout my body, but all I could think about was Luffy.

Luffy...something happened to him. Did he get knocked out? He wouldn't die. Not here. I couldn't get out, without energy I can't open my portals, and I can't use my wings.

I was trapped, and hurt. Something happened and I couldn't even get out to help him!

I coughed up blood. It hurts...

I was going in and out of consciousness. I had to stay awake. I had to wait for Luffy. I needed to make sure he was okay.

It's been awhile, and all I could do was lay here crying. I couldn't even heal myself without his power. I was completely and utterly useless. Luffy...where are you?

....

The crew and the kids spotted Luffy at the base of the mountain. They realized he fell head first off of the cliff and thought the worst.

But Zoro could hear him snoring and couldn't believe his captain was sleeping so casually. He poked him to wake him up.

Luffy woke up, stretching and grinning wide, "morning guys!" He looked around, wondering how he got here. "I thought I was up on the cliff, what am I doing down here? Hahaha!"