Ch 39

"I told you, somebody was here! It wasn't a dream after all!" Usopp shouted.

We were all staring puzzled at the Going Merry. The mast was fixed, and the hull was fixed enough to sail.

"Oh! It's not in flight mode anymore!" Luffy noticed.

"I've been thinking about that too. How did they know what the Merry looked like before the modifications?" He wondered with his hand on his chin.

"I don't know what it is..." I murmured to Usopp, as I ran my hand along the rail, "but doesn't she feel different somehow?"

"Hmmm...hey Going Merry...who fixed you last night?" He asked her.

I glanced up in alarm as I heard laughing from the crows nest. But all I saw were my dragons playing around.

"Alright everyone!" Nami called. "Gather around!"

....

"Let's all meet again safely on the Eastern shore!"

I was assigned onto the escape team with Nami, Usopp, and Sanji. Our job was to sail the ship as close to the city of gold as possible, where we will then meet up with the others. Then we'll escape from Sky Island!

We were slowly sailing down the milky road. We could only rely on the wind dial to push us, so we couldn't gain much distance.

"By the way, Sanji! You have to be my, Captain Usopp's, bodyguard! This forest is too creepy." Usopp mumbled that last part.

"Shut up," Sanji said. "I am a bodyguard exclusively for Miss Nami and Hana!"

I wiggled my eyebrows, "want me to guard your body, Usopp?"

"Damn long-nose!!!" Sanji yelled, chasing him around the ship.

"Hey, isn't it time for the strange knight to get his medicine? Where did Chopper say he put it?" Nami asked me, ignoring the brawl behind her.

"My name is Gan Fall, Gan Fall!" The knight reminded her.

"He put it in the refrigerator, I'll go get it!" I volunteered.

When I came back out, the knight's valiant steed had Usopps head in his mouth. I laughed and made a trade with the horse, Usopps head for an apple.

We settled near Gan Fall, who reintroduced himself to me as the previous God of this land. He informed us of the history of this land.

This Upper Land is the biggest piece of Vearth to ever arrive in the sky, thanks to the knock up stream. The citizens of the sky loved things that ended up here from the Blue Seas, so they automatically deemed this land a miracle, and a holy gift from the heavens. But there were already people living on it, the Shandia. They were chased out by the Skypiea citizens, and have been fighting to return home for 400 years.

"So it's all your fault then!" Usopp and Sanji said. I had to bribe the horse with two more apples to release them. I had to agree with them, though.

"What about Eneru?" Nami asked. "Who's God Eneru?"

"6 years ago, Eneru arrived with a powerful army. He defeated Gods Milita, and has since been in control of God's Island," he spoke somberly. "The militia is probably being held captive, and forced to do harsh labor. Sometimes they are able to escape. But the Shandians still see them as enemies, and fiercely attack them. They probably mistook you guys as such, and that's why you were attacked that day. I became a knight to aid those escapees, to help them reach islands out of Eneru's influence."

"He sounds like nothing more than a terrorizing punk," Sanji said, puffing on his cigarette.

The dragons and I all nodded our heads simultaneously.