16 〤 another betrayal

Crocodile has informed Vivi that Luffy's dead by appearing inside their territory with her father in his hold. "Luffy-san's dead...? You're lying!"

"It's not a lie." Crocodile replied. "Straw Hat is buried in the sands of Rainbase, Miss Wednesday." He laughed lightly, liking the expression on her face. "If only he hadn't gotten involved with you, he could've lived a long life."

"There's no way he could be killed by someone like you!" She replied back.

"Well, it's thanks to their sacrifice that you're able to rant right now. Give them your deepest thanks, so at least the dead can..." With that she gritted her teeth while looking up to him. "Where's Luffy-san?!"

"Why're you here?!"

"Rest in peace..." He smirked.

You and Robin both stayed together at the sides, crossing your arms while the others were fighting. You three made your way towards the princess. Robin smiled, not taking her eyes off the princess. "I hope we can have some peace and quiet now." She replied.

"Father!" Vivi yelled in concern as she sees her father pinned on the wall, blood trickled down his body. "Let His Majesty go, Crocodile!"

Robin stood in front of him, "Hey, hey... you really think that I'd agree to let him go after going through all the double to immobilize him like that?" He gazed at them at the corner of his eyes, lighting up his cigarette. "Seriously... try and use your head..."

Her father looked up and responded, "I'm sorry, Vivi."

You, on the other hand, removed Robin's hat. She didn't mind because you were messing with her hair. You used your wings to play with it because you weren't the same height as her. Your action made her chuckle and smile.

"I couldn't make full use of the chance that you risked your life to create..." He continued.

"Good grief... Is this how a father and daughter talk after being separated for so long? Anyway, Miss Wednesday."

"Don't call me by that name!" She immediately spoke.

"Let me tell you something first. I don't intend to keep you and your father alive. When a kingdom dies out, it's just natural for its royal family to die as well. Right?"

"However, before I take the throne, there's something that I need to ask you, the current king." He continued. "In fact, this is indeed my biggest goal..." Now, he was standing in front of him. "Cobra... Where is the Pluton?" The king widens his eyes at his question. "How... do you know that name...?"

He only laughed lightly not responding to his question.

"Once I become king in this country, it's easy to bring pirates in this area under my umbrella. My influence will increase, and I will eventually gain more power than even the World Government. It'll be a dreamlike country."

"There's no way that the World Government would allow that!"

"They probably wouldn't. That's why I need it... the powerful Pluton..."

"Pluton?" you inquired, your head cocked to the side, clearly unsure of what it is or what it does. "I have no idea where you heard that name, but I have no idea where it is, and I'm not even sure such a thing exists somewhere in this country."

You stopped playing with Robin's hair and decided to listen to their conversation. "I see. What you say probably isn't a complete lie... I did think that that was also possible..."

"I do know, too, that its very existence is in doubt. It's a special shell that can destroy anything within a 5 km diameter. The view from here will completely change, too."