08 〤 continuation

Looking out over the desert, Luffy exclaimed, "The desert sure is full of strange creatures!" "Hey, camel," he inquired, "what are you doing out here all by yourself?" With a huff, the camel turned away from him. The captain was perplexed. "What exactly is it?"

Luffy, on the other hand, remained calm as the camel sweated less. "Did you find anything?" Luffy asked, his eyes wide with fear as the ground began to shake. "What the—?" he said, towering over them both. "What's taking Luffy so long?" the crew wonders.

"Yeah. Do you think he got lost?"

"Perhaps he became stranded and was eaten along the way," you added, smiling. Usopp dead panned your statement, "Don't say stuff like that and stop being so calm!" You chuckled as he retorted, pointing a finger in your direction.

You silently observed the crew while looking up at the sky. "He has a terrible sense of direction but has to run away all the time!" Nami responded. "Isn't that Zoro?" you inquired, a cute tilt of your head to the side. Zoro glared at you as he opened his eyes.

"And there are so many desert dangers he doesn't know about..."

"Y'know, isn't he hungry from not eating anything?" Silence engulfed all of you before Zoro stood up. "He's such a lost cause."

"You can say that again."

"Sorry." Ace started.

"For my little brother's ineptness. I apologize for the trouble." He added, Sanji only smiled before he and Zoro left. "Good luck finding him!"

"Yeah."

The ground started to shake, you looked away from the sky and sat up straight patting Yuri's fur along the way. "What's that?!"

"Whats this rumbling?!"

You could hear Luffy laughing, and made your way towards the front. "Ah, it's Luffy." You announced to the crew. "How'd you know?!"

You sighed, "You're an idiot." You all could see Luffy riding a camel, grinning like a child.

"No... it couldn't be!"

"Why is he on a camel?!"

"Luffy!" You called out, worrying for his state.

"So?! What's that chasing him?!"

"I can't really see! But it seems more like something's in the sand!"

All of the crew's eyes bulged out as they see a humongous creature chasing after Luffy. "It's huge!" You complimented, clasping your head together. "A Sandora Dragon!" Vivi announced to everyone. "A what now?!"

"They're the largest of the desert reptiles! And they wait under the sand for their prey!" she explained more clearly, "No wonder it's so cute!" you closed your eyes smiling now. Usopp and Chopper screamed at you, "How is that cute?!"

"They have sharp claws and fangs, but they hardly ever use them! The reason being that they tend to swallow their prey whole is because they're too large!"

"He really does have a gift for attracting trouble." Ace declared.

"Setting aside the camel for the moment..."

"What star was he born under to be able to attract trouble like this?!" Zoro complained.

"Hey! Camel! Stop!"

"—Luffy! Is it too much for you?! We'll lend you a hand!"

"Yeah! I brought some meat!" He proudly implied. "Here goes, lizard! Gum-Gum..." he jumped from the camel. "Tatsu—" "—Êpaule..."

They all attacked the dragon at the same time, leaving the other people stunned. "Woo!" you cheered from behind. "Y-you didn't have to go that far..." Usopp sobbed, his tears streaming down his cheek. "You almost feel sorry for the monsters when they're fighting..."

The dragon was knocked out and fell to the ground. When you heard another rumble, you all turned around and looked behind your backs. Another of them was standing nearby. Your hat shielded your narrowed eyes, and you wielded your sword, ready to declare battle at any time. Instead of assisting you, Yuri, who was on your arms, stood behind the four.

"There's more?!"

"I forgot to mention it, but Sandora Dragons hunt in pairs!"

"Should've told that sooner..."

"Ace! Y/N! Look out!" They called, scared for your lives. "What a nuisance. You wanna play?"

He jumped, the dragon eating him. "Oh, okay, if that's what you want." "Ah! Ace!" But things changed, the dragon was burned alive as a result of fire erupting from the sides of his mouth.

"You're so cool...!" you say as you gasped at what you were seeing. With that, you all began to cook your juicy meat. "Look at these rocks! They're like natural frying pans!"

"So, what's with the camel?" Zoro asked.

"I dunno, it was getting eaten by a mystery plant when I was chasing the birds."

"It doesn't seem to be a wild camel."

"No, it even has a saddle."

You saunter towards the camel, pacing back and forth. Examining its body. Chopper looked at it too, finally realizing that it was the camel from before! "I knew it!"

"Oh! Good for you!"

"Huh? You know each other?" Luffy questioned.

"Yeah! He gave me a ride when I escaped from Katorea!"

"That's great! We can ride it?! That'll make things easier!" Usopp suggested to the crew.

"Yeah, that'll be a real help! Looks like it could carry two people!"

"Camels do go hand-in-hand with deserts!"

"Then, I'll be the first one." Luffy replied, ready to climb the camel. Only for the camel to bite his strawhat. You laughed at the both of them, silently enjoying it. "What was that for?!"

"I am a freedom-loving, hard-boiled, compassionate camel! Thanks for helping me out of that pinch I can give you a lift, but no men allowed!' Chopper translated for them, with that the three boys attacked the camel.

"This guy's a punk!"

"Yeah! You let Chopper ride you!"

"I'm manly!" He translated one again, leaving the three boys kick him continuously. "Quit being stupid!" "Why, you—!"

"I'm so sorry! My crew mates are so I'll-bred! You're a good boy! What should we call you?" Nami cradled his cheek, making the camel's eyes turn hearts in an instant.

"Idiot!"

"Moron!"

"Doofus!"

"Lashes, it is, then!" She suggested, leaving you smile awkwardly. "What a weird name for a weird camel." You chuckled, making Nami smack your head as a result. You glared at her, making her laugh awkwardly.

"Uhh, that's the weirdest one of all."

"Okay! Get on, Vivi!"

"No, I can still walk!"

"Eh... what about you Y/N?" Nami asked. "The heat doesn't bother me... it's alright." You responded, making her nod her head as she sat in front of the princess.

"Pervy camel! Pervy camel!"

"Now we should make a little better time! We need to get to Yuba as fast as we can talk to the rebel army!" Vivi nodded in agreement. "Giddy up, Lashes!"

"Hold on!"

"Hurry, guys! If you get separated, you'll never leave the desert alive!"

"Quit being stupid!"

"I like this side of Nami-san, too!"

"After them, hurry!" Usopp yelled.

"Get on, Chopper!"

"—Yeah!"

"WAIT FOR US!!!"