11 〤 stronger than ever

Anchor was dropped in the sand, getting the attention of everyone. "Ahead is a village called Ido. You should be able to get water there."

"Huh? You're not coming?" Luffy asked the captain.

"We sand pirates can't go any further ahead. This land belongs to the people who've lived and died here for generations, you see." He explained.

"Is that how it is?"

"Yeah, the desert is the land of the free. But not everyone can survive in this harsh desert. The village ahead is a place where such people eke out a living."

"So, what're you gonna do?"

An umbrella popped out of his head, "Nothing much!" He replied, a smile was on his face as he turned around to look at Luffy. "We've freely lived as we pleased on this ocean of sand, and that's what we'll keep on doing!"

Luffy laughed shortly after, "That's just like us, then!"

"Yeah? That's great!" They laughed together.

After their converse, they left their ship heading to their desired destination. "So long!" "Take care!"

"See ya, old umbrella guy!" Luffy yelled as he both waved his hands together as for Usopp he only waved one, so does Chopper. "They were great guys!" In a similar manner, they did the same thing and waved back. "Yeah!"

"By the way, where'd your brother and Y/N-san go?" Sanji suddenly asked.

"Dunno. But he's Ace! Nothing to worry about. As for Y/N... she was with us a while back but then she's gone." He shrugged his shoulders. "They'll suddenly show up again out of nowhere!"

"Why do you keep making such groundless claims?" Nami asked. "Anyways, let's hurry to this Udo Village!"

He looked through the telescope and and his eyes caught the glimpse of the sand pirates' flag causing him to be terrified. "Th-that's a desert pirate flag!"

"Crap! I gotta tell Big Bro!"

Kids were running around town, as usual like kids do they play with one another. "Yes, you utterly are rebel army soldiers! Ever since you and your companions arrived, Camu-sama, attacks on the village have utterly stopped!"

"Yup! You'd have to be pretty crazy to take us on! Rest easy and leave it to us, Mayor!" The man replied, drinking his beer while the others were eating. "Yes! You're utterly correct!"

"But word is the rebel army and the Royal army will be clashing soon."  The old man said, clasping his hands together. "Won't staying in a place like this interfere with that?"

"No, we can't just leave a place that lets us eat all we—"

He was cut off once the man beside him kicked him by the head. "Nah, this is this, that is that!"

"We may be rebels, but we haven't completely given up on the king!" He smiled. "Yes, we have utter faith in the king as well, so we were hoping things could be handled carefully."

"Say no more! After careful consideration, we've decided to keep you guys safe, too!"

"All we ask for in return is booze and food!"

"Yes, of course!" The man agreed. "We'll, I must be going now..." He bowed before leaving. "Big Bro Camu." He called out, "Would giving up on the king make us real rebel soldiers?"