43 〤 with you, Luffy

You looked at the island in front of you after meeting Camie and the others. "Wow!" There were bubbles all over the place, confusing you. "There are bubbles everywhere! Look Y/N!" exclaimed Luffy.

"Don't state out the obvious, Luffy..."

"There are a total of 79 trees. Each one is an island with its own towns and facilities. They are collectively called the Sabaody Archipelago." Hachi declared.

"The roots are even bigger up close! Awesome!" He smiled, showing his teeth. "This is Grove #41. Let's dock here." He announced.

Luffy extended his hand to you, and you intertwined yours with his, and he jumped down, you wrapping your arms around his neck. "We're first!" He ran alongside you, giving you a piggyback ride.

"It popped out of the ground! Cool!" You deadpanned behind him and sighed. "Now I'll gladly... babysit you."

"Oi wait!" He jumped on one making you sigh as you trailed behind him. "I'm on! Y/N, come on!"

"Wait!" You shouted curses at him, running as fast as you can to get to him. "Hey!"

"Whoa! Luffy! Y/N! When did you get up that high?!" Exclaimed Usopp.

"Stop being an idiot and come back here!" You sighed, grabbing the back of his blue shirt. "Got you," you smirked evilly, eliciting a laugh. "You're funny!" "No, I'm not!" you screamed, your face contorted with embarrassment and rage.

You cried out when you realized you were high up. "Wait, Luffy!" You wrapped your arms around his neck and torso once more, and he didn't mind, eventually holding onto your thigh to keep you from falling.

He kept jumping with you, fascinated by the fact that you were afraid of heights. "Are you really that afraid to be up here, Y/N?" he inquired, beginning a conversation. You dipped your head and bit your bottom lip.

Dipping your head, you tighten your hold on his upper torso. In recent times, bubbles started to pop. "Luffy!"

"What's going on? They're suddenly popping!"

"L-Luffy!" Closing your eyes tightly shut. You both landed on the ground with him at the bottom and you on top. "Luffy-chin! Y/N-chin! Oh, no! Are you okay?!"

"It's fine, Camie-Chan. No need to worry about him, and he'll take care of Y/N-swan; if he doesn't, I'll make sure he'll be dead the next moment," Sanji replied, his stomach churning with rage at the sight in front of him.

You looked down at Luffy, whose head was stuck on the ground, clutching your chest. "Man, I was really stuck!" You wiped the dust off his face with your hand, and he stood still and obeyed. "See?"

"Honestly... Luffy."

"What? It's fun, isn't it?!" He cackled, holding his stomach as he kicked his legs around with a blush creeping on his cheeks.

It was all good and then it started to fall apart... one bubble popped then the other, and another, one after another, and then the lasts. You and Luffy.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and stepped back from Kuma. You turned to face Luffy, who was sobbing. "Stop... Luffy..." As you stare at your captain, a tear falls down your cheek.

"Y/N! Get out of here!" He commanded, squirming around the ground as tears flew down his optics.

"No!—"

"I can still buy you time!" he exclaimed as he turned to face you. "I don't want to! I want to stay with you! There's no way I'd want to leave you behind after what just happened!" You trailed behind your captain, hugging him.