24 〤 sky island

Luffy chuckled. "See ya, old guy!" He said as you sat on the railing, your hair swaying in the breeze as you gazed ahead. You heard Nami say, "Thanks for everything, Cricket-san!"

"I'm sure the city of gold is real, old-timer!" Usopp shouted. They kept saying their praises at the old man making you irritated. You looked at the bird who was sitting across you. "All right! It's currently 7:00 am! We should arrive at the destination area at around 11:00 am! Like the old-timer said, the spot the Knock-Up Stream shoots up from changes each time, so we need to arrive beforehand and find it!" The monkey declared.

Before Luffy, who was face down on the ground, you quickly grabbed the bird. As it returned your stare, the bird was sweating. Luffy took a step back and grabbed the bird's face. He exclaimed, "Watch! Watch!" "Hey, are you paying attention to what I'm saying?"

"It sounds boring." You yawned at the monkey. "Shut up and listen!"

Luffy grinned as you looked at his figure. "See! Y/N! It faced forward!" "I saw," you stated emphatically. "There are some strange birds out there!" Usopp remarked as he stood beside you. "That's right! It can only face south! This guy's like a compass!" Luffy laughed, his stomach clenched.

Because Usopp was too close, you kicked him out of the way. "What was that for?" he asked, pointing a finger at you, and you chose to ignore him by closing your eyes. "Don't forget about me!" The bird suddenly made noises as you asked Chopper. "What'd he say?"

"He said he's going to face a different direction to mess us up." Chopper translated, making you stand up.

"What are you going to do, Y/N?" Chopper and Usopp asked simultaneously. As the duo looked horrified, you took out your sword and raised it high in the air. "I'm going to dissect him." You say as Usopp and Luffy hold you back. Luffy laughed loudly.

"Oh! He faced north!"

The bird struggled to look at north, and now was sweating; and then he eventually went back to face south. "He doesn't feel right unless he's facing north." You smirked. "Hey, you guys! Don't get the big boss mad!"

"It's all right! Their casualness is getting me worked up!"

"Huh? What's wrong?" Luffy asked. "There's no point in being anxious! Let's have fun!" He cackled. "And who put us behind schedule?" Sanji questioned but nobody answered him.

"Are we going to be okay?" Zoro asked.

"They showed up earlier than expected!" Nami exclaimed. You stood calmly on the deck, gazing at the sky, which had suddenly turned to rain. "However, we have no idea where the current is!"

You held on to the railing for support as you watched the big waves crashing against the going Merry. Luffy grabbed you out of nowhere and threw you backwards. You yelled, "What are you doing?" He couldn't help but laugh. "Whatever."

"The waves suddenly got higher!"

"We're gonna sink!"

"Get ready!"

With one hand, you clutched the railing, while the other held Luffy's face. "What is this? I can't see anything!"

"Navigator!" Robin shouted. "What does the Log Pose say?"

She replied, "It's pointing right at those clouds!" Robin fixed her gaze on you, who appeared to be struggling. "Y/N-sama! Are you all right?" she inquired, concerned. "Yes, if it weren't for this idiot captain who's hanging on me!" you grumbled angrily. "Now now, don't be mad. You're strong!" he said with a smile.

As you coughed, sea water splashed at you. You yelled, "Are you challenging me?" The others were too preoccupied with talking to each other in a way that you couldn't understand. All you could see were their mouths moving.