01 〤 friends

A GIRL who spent her entire life filled with regret, guilt, and darkness. She'd been trapped for years because she couldn't get the freedom she deserved, but she'd give anything to get it. She imagined herself in a floating land with him, smiling. For a brief moment, their gazes were locked. She couldn't blink or move because she was afraid that if she did, he'd vanish into thin air, and she couldn't let go.

She'll have a one-in-a-million chance of finding a place where she can let go of this emotion... the feeling that something is preventing her from taking advantage of a favorable situation. That chance is to assassinate that man, the man who dared to step in front of her, the man she has never been able to defeat. Many, if not all, of his lives have been taken by his wicked sword. She was well aware that she had no right to his head and that she couldn't use the sword.

She cherished freedom because she was enslaved, unable to receive the love she deserved. She grew up to be a lovely young lady, but the scars on her back held the darkest secret, so it's no surprise that she scowls at those who ask why she shut herself off from everyone. It was as if she were imprisoned in a cage, doing her father's bidding as a robot.

Because she was always left out, her siblings can't seem to stop picking on her. They had no idea what she was going through or how her heart ached with pain and rage. She cried a tear every night, but her cries were always silent. Maybe it was because they were blinded by jealousy, at some rate, they will come to realization that nothing will go like they want to be.

She had promised herself that once she was of legal age, she would retire as a princess and sail the seas like him. Even though he had passed away, he was her motivational figure who always brightened her mood. She was staring out at the vast, open seas, ready to set sail without saying a final farewell, after all those years.

All she could see now was a crew having a good time sailing across to another land. Squinting her eyes, she repositioned her hat atop her head before soaring into the scorching sun. She'll never want to see such happy things again; all she saw was envy that they could be happy while she was suffering.

She's always despised them; they'll be pleading for mercy, and she'll make them suffer like she did so they can't break free like she did. She had a dream, her with them, the people she treasured the most, but all those memories she locked inside her heart and mind are gradually fading. The memories will remain shining brightly like gold.

Power meant everything to her. She will avenge those who have fallen into her hands and died in front of her eyes.

y/n promised her mother a dangerous quest, a spirit who trained her until she was capable of protecting herself, a man who she loved was assassinated on the spot and his forever lasting regret, a child who wanted to be her friend and to make sure she was never lonely, another woman who challenged her to not be killed by her bloodlust, but they all died in her hands, that is because she was the misfortune of everyone's lives.

The truth can be more painful than lies at times; on the other hand, Y/n has no problem being duped since she can always read their expression and posture. If she can get what she wants, she'll take it. She has no idea where her fate will take her, but she does have a friend who understands her, who can be there for her, and who loves her just the way she is.

And that friend was you, Nico Robin.