49 〤 the monster resurrects once again

The rain poured down on his head as he carried you back to the palace where you truly belong, as he gazed down at your limp body as blood trickled down to the muddy pool. His red hair hid his face, and his lips creased into a frown.

Too concerned for the woman, he began to walk faster in order for the man not to become ill; the same is true for you. As a guard pointed his spear at him, the palace came into view.

"Get out of my way." The red-haired man mumbled, the guard looked down at your body and immediately lowering his weapon. "Of course!" He exclaims as he walks through the iron gates.

Inside the palace, young men looked at the newly published newspapers and said. "Sacrificing her own life for a man?! Do you see this Shizuoka, she was still the same as before!" Shizuoka let out a sigh as he gazes at the older brother.

"And you never change your feelings for our sister, Shizuku." He sarcastically laughed as he slammed the newspapers down on the table. "Any feelings I have for her are pure hatred! How can I make use of a woman? It would be better if she were a man!"

Shizuoka remained silent but adjusted his glasses as he towered over his elder. "You want to fight?" Shizuku stood up and looked straight at his brother. "Don't be too harsh on our sister, Shizuku; remember, her powers can be used, and you don't want to ruin the plan, do you?"

Shizuku stiffened and turned his back on Shizuoka as he retorted. "Fine, but don't expect me to love her like you did." He said as he walked out of the room, Izumi giving the middle child a glance before they made eye contact.

"Why would you care for that experiment? She's nothing to us, she's just someone who stands by in the picture, isn't she?" Izumi asked as Shizuoka turned his body at the youngest of all. "And you, have some respect for your sister."

"I'll give her my respect when she earns it." He declares as he stuffed his mouth with pizza making the mature ones out of the three sigh. The male sat you down in your respective room and stared at your form before getting up to leave. Shizuku walked slowly towards his abandoned sister's room, slamming the door shut with no regard.

"Get up, Morana D. Y/N! I know that a single punch will not kill you!" He yelled as he turned his gaze to your chuckling figure, your upper body slowly rising as your head hung low.

"How did you know?" You wondered as you laughed at your older brother, who looked at you with narrowed eyes. He grabbed your neck as he moved closer to your face, sauntering forward. "Right now, training begins, and I'd like to see how far you've progressed."

"Wait, father didn't assign you to be my mentor! I can train on my own." You frowned as he threw you to the ground, steam pouring from your wounded hole and your organs regenerating at a rapid rate.

"You lied, why?"

You stand up from your crouch only to be kicked in the healing wound as you hit the wall. "I did not lie to anyone, if there's a liar between us; it's you! I did it to keep us alive!" You yelled, and he instantly responded, "Save the both of you?! Be sensible; everyone perishes at your hands because you're unlucky."

You laughed mockingly at his scowling face that is twitching wildly as you raised your head. "Who would've thought that this royal family was also a house full of murderers, I couldn't save him that day since I was caught off guard." You said, stumbling to your feet and grabbing the doorknob to leave.

"I'm sorry for being such an irresponsible sister but don't you ever badmouth their names when I am in presence and do not try to push my nerves off the edge." You added as you slammed the door shut, stopping him from grasping your wrist and hurting you like he did before for disobeying him.