5 ⁘ Angel

5

An angel

in the form of Juwon carrying a cup of coffee. 

"Naw, you are picking me up?" Da-eun said through a gasp as she rushed over to her best friend. Juwon was smiling as he saw her and quickly embraced her in a hug when she wrapped her arms around him. 

"Right? What a nice surprise. Aren't I great?" he said, shamelessly praising himself. 

"Greatly in denial about how arrogant you can be," she muttered under her breath as she took the coffee from him. 

"Wow. That's the thanks I get?" he asked in disbelief. 

Backtracking, Da-eun gave him her warmest smile. "Thanks darling." 

Accepting that, Juwon soon changed the topic when his eyes fell onto Hae-in, Da-eun's coworker. 

He had been standing behind the girl awkwardly for a little while, caught between fearing to come off as rude for randomly leaving her after walking out with her but also being too uncomfortable to insert himself in the playful conversation the two were having. 

"Hey Hae-in," Juwon said, switching from his joking tone to a more polite, kind one. 

"Hello," he said shily. Hearing that greeting made Juwon kind of sad. 

"Da-eun seems to like you, so I really want to befriend you too," he pointed out, surprising the boy. "Don't worry, I will figure out a way to get you to warm up to me. I will bring you something to drink too next time. What do you like?" 

"Uh... anything is fine," he said, not wanting to come off as picky. 

Smiling warmly, putting an arm around her co-worker, Da-eun said, 
"He likes jasmine tea or café au lait but he usually gets tea cause its cheaper so if you want to make a good impression buy him coffee." 

Nodding along, Juwon quickly got out his phone to type that into his note app, while Hae-in looked at Da-eun in surprise. 

"Once he gets comfortable around people, he is really funny," she told Juwon, then looked at her co-worker. "You two will get along great. I won't push you, don't worry. But if you feel like trying to get out of your comfort zone, Juwon's pretty easygoing." 

Gladly taking all the compliments he could get, Juwon shrugged as if it was no big deal before saying, 

"You know, I try hard to--"

"Besides, if he annoys you I can beat him up for you." She gave Hae-in a pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry. I got your back." 

"Yo, Da-eun..." Juwon said, feeling challenged. "If you want to fight me, let's go." 

She laughed in disbelief. "Are you really ready to get your ass beaten, big boy?" 

"You are laughing now but wait until you have to announce your defeat to Hayoon." 

"Hayoon will fight you for fighting me." 

He gasped. "But you initiated it!" 

"Girls stick together hunny, sorry." 

He sighed, then looked at Hae-in. "We should team up then." 

At which he frowned a little, then leaned his head closer to his co-worker. 
"I am Team Da-eun, sorry." 

Victory. 

For Da-eun at least, who felt very proud of herself and was mentally preparing to use this moment to annoy Juwon in the future.