52 ⁘ Betrayed

happy Kun to make your day happy too

52

Kun

hey Kun

hey Da-eun
what's up

by any chance
do you have time today?

I always have time for you kiddo
I'm preparing dinner right now
do you wanna join us?

I'd love to
I'm still at uni so I'll get going right away
see you in a bit

great!
get here safely Da-eun
(4:25 PM)

Ten opened the door. Much to her surprise, he didn't smile, nor asked her to enter right away. This situation felt weird. Ten was acting weirdly.

At least that's what she thought until she remembered that he was friends with Chenle as well as WayV's second dad and it all made sense again.

"Welcome, newly adopted child," he said eventually and Da-eun immediately understood and played along.

She bowed her head. "Good evening, parental figure."

Satisfied with her reply, Ten took a step back and opened the door wider for her.

"Come inside," he offered with a smile which she accepted quickly.

"Is it Da-eun or the boys?" Kun shouted from within the kitchen.

"It is your favourite daughter," Ten replied drily, then turned to Da-eun. "You're his favourite because you're his only one."

"I'd be his favourite even if I wasn't the only one," she retorted quickly.

Ten smirked. "That's the right attitude," he praised her. "Food's ready, come into the kitchen when you're done."

He was already on his way to the kitchen when-

"Wash your hands first!" Kun shouted.

-he stopped dead in his tracks and turned to the side. "Right," he mumbled, then glimpsed back at Da-eun who was walking towards him. He decided to wait for her before they made their way into the bathroom together.

Amongst the sound of the running water, Da-eun decided to ask,

"Where are Hendery and Yangyang?"

"They're on their way," Ten told her. "They had to go to the studio."

Excitedly, she looked at the older one through the mirror as she moved to dry her hands.

"Are they recording a song?"

He shook his head, correcting her to, "An album."

Surprised, the girl looked at the boy with wide eyes. "They are producing a whole album together?"

"Yeah," he said. "It's a new project - which is why you can't tell anyone."

"Dude," she mumbled. "If I am not supposed to tell anyone then you aren't supposed to tell anyone either."

He frowned. "I am showing my trust for you!" he argued.

She hummed. "Alright," she said. "I'll accept that excuse."

"It's not an excu--"

"YOUR FAVOURITE KIDS ARE BACK!" Hendery shouted proudly as he entered the house. Da-eun heard a quiet yet confident affirmation from Yangyang while Kun only said,