40 ⁘ Princess

40 

Chenle was sleeping soundly. He was dreaming of good food and Daegal, of spending time with his friends and singing his heart out.

It was a good night, full of proper rest and pleasant dreams. 

But just past 1 AM, said night got cut short. 

Eyes closed, Chenle reached to grab his phone. Drowsily, he answered the call that had woken him up and held the phone to his ear. 

"Hello?" 

"If it is not my sweet husband," Da-eun said through a soft giggle that almost drowned in the loud music around her. "Chl- Chn-" She sighed. "Your name is hard." 

Taking a deep breath, Chenle sat up. He ran a hand through his hair as he listened to the loud music that played in the call's background. For a moment there he had forgotten what night tonight was. However, the call made him remember it right away.

"When did I get upgraded to husband?" he wondered in amusement. 

"Just now!" she said happily. "Chnle," she called him, very confident that she got his name right this time. "I talked to Min-jung and Hayoon and we concluded that I would be very dumb if I didn't seize the chance to make you my husband." 

For a second, Chenle didn't say anything, just smiled to himself. He buried his face in his hand in utter disbelief at just how cute the girl was. 

He hummed. "And I don't get a say in this?" he questioned. 

In return, the girl went quiet. She thought about it. He had a good point, she couldn't deny that. So she asked, 

"Would you reject me?" 

"No," he said calmly. 

"Yay!" 

Chenle closed his eyes for a second. Because he wasn't really paying attention to anything else, he got a little startled as Daegal suddenly jumped onto his bed. She pressed her nose against his leg. 

Patting her with one hand, he held the phone with the other. 

"I guess you guys are having fun," Chenle determined eventually. "Are you alright?" 

"I am great~" she said before whisper-shouting, "I am also very drunk." 

Noticing that the tone of her voice made it sound like she just revealed a scandalous secret, Chenle gasped in shock.  

"What, really?" 

"Mhm!" 

"I could hardly tell," he played along causing her to laugh. 

"I know~" She said proudly, stretching the 'o' a little. "I almost had you fooled, didn't I?" 

He smiled to himself, loving how happy she sounded. 

"Yeah," he agreed with her. 

In the moment of relative silence that followed, Chenle clearly heard a familiar voice in the back, prompting him to ask, 

"Are Min-jung and Hayoon okay too?" 

"Yeah," Da-eun said semi-confidently ere she stopped talking. She was walking around. "I think Min-jung fell asleep. Or did- is she breathing?" 

Despite the obviously concerning question she had asked, she didn't sound worried whatsoever. She was so unbothered, in fact, that her only way of checking in on her cousin was by screaming,