36 ⁘ Pizza

36

The moment she heard the front door open, Hayoon rushed out of the living room to properly greet Da-eun. They had seen each other the day before already, yet her visit was short-lived and so for Hayoon it felt like this was her first time really seeing the girl in weeks. 

"Hey Hayoon," Da-eun said, already smiling. The older could tell that she seemed way more lively now. Well-rested and happier in general. 

As expected, sleeping over at Chenle's managed to take her mind off things. 

"Da-eun~ I made your favourite food!" Hayoon exclaimed. 

However, she could tell by the smell that, "You ordered pizza." 

The older nodded enthusiastically. "Exactly," she confirmed with a smile. "I was too lazy to cook."

"Now that's the Hayoon I know~" Da-eun determined happily, giving the older a hug. "Sorry for not telling you before I left last night." 

She shook her head. "It's okay. I knew that you wouldn't be able to just quietly go to bed anyway." She rested her head on Da-eun's shoulder, eyes on the window in the kitchen. "I'm just glad you are back." 

"I'm also happy to be back." 

Suddenly, a burst of energy struck the older girl, causing her to push herself away from Da-eun. She smiled brightly, kept her hands on the younger's arms. 

"You know what I was thinking?" 

Judging by Hayoon's enthusiasm there was only one thing she could have possibly had on her mind. And that was,

"Clubbing?" 

"Clubbing!" Hayoon confirmed. She laughed, then made her way into the kitchen. The pizza was already placed on the coffee table but they still needed cups and napkins. "I was thinking of inviting Min-jung. Make it just the three of us." 

She grabbed a couple of napkins and three glasses while Da-eun got a bottle of coke out of the fridge. 

"Sounds good," Da-eun agreed. "Then I'll text Min-jung and ask her when she has time- wait, when do you have time?" 

"Always." 

"Alright." 

Eyes on her phone, Da-eun went into the living room, placed the bottle on the floor and then sat down on the sofa. 

"I was thinking that if we have a girls night," Da-eun said without looking up at Hayoon who was placing the cups and napkins on the table, "then Juwon might want to have a boys night." 

Slightly confused, Hayoon looked at her friend. "With whom?" But Da-eun offered the older nothing but a smirk while she hopped from one chat to the next. 

Meanwhile, Hayoon prepared the rest and eventually opened the door for Juwon when he arrived. 

He stormed into the apartment, not minding Hayoon much who didn't seem surprised. She just closed the door behind him and followed him into the living room. 

When she got there, Juwon had already engulfed Da-eun in a warm hug. He seemed as relieved as he seemed upset while the girl just quietly ran her hand up and down his back.

"You scared me," he said under his breath. "Don't do that." 

"Sorry." 

Juwon sighed. "I'll rip your dad's head off." 

"Same," Hayoon joined in. 

"Same," Da-eun added. 

Different to Juwon and Hayoon it wasn't that much for her own sake though. If he really was going to cause trouble for her friends then she wouldn't just sit still and watch.