7 ⁘ Rumours

7

Da-eun was approximately one PowerPoint slide away from crying. One more bit of information that she couldn't properly process and she would cry right then and there.

At that moment, Jun-seo placed his hand between her eyes and her laptop's screen, keeping her from continuing. She quickly looked to the side and at the boy that had left her a while ago to get himself something to drink.

He smiled at her before telling her, "Take a break. Your brain can't work like that anyway." To offer an incentive to listen to him and do as he said, he pushed the laptop away and placed a cup of fresh, warm coffee in front of her. "You can say no to me, but can you say no to coffee?"

The answer was clear:

Coffee Break > Mental Breakdown

"Thank you," she said gratefully as she took a sip. Upon the feeling of the warm beverage running down her throat, she could finally relax a little.

"Eun?"

"Hm?"

"Did you notice anything weird recently?"

She hummed to herself, thinking hard about it before nodding and saying,
"Hayoon has been overly nice to me today." She narrowed her eyes, looking at nothing in particular. "Kinda sketchy."

Although that made him laugh, it wasn't quite the answer Jun-seo was looking for. So he quickly added,

"No, I mean at uni."

But Da-eun could only shake her head. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"When I was getting the drinks I heard a couple of students talking about... uh, it was more like rumours," he said, a little unsure about how to phrase this. "They said someone is sneaking around on campus?"

Da-eun raised a brow in confusion. "What? Doing what? Taking free uni courses?" she joked. 

While he appreciated that she wasn't getting overly concerned about this, Jun-seo still wished she would have taken it a bit more seriously. After all, it sounded quite worrisome.

"No, I mean there actually seems to be someone creepy walking around."

"Really?" She looked over her shoulder, glimpsed around just in case as if said person would show up all of a sudden. But to her, everything was as it always was. "I didn't notice anything. You?"

"Me neither." Still, he seemed worried. "But just in case, be careful, will you?"

Seeing his nervosity and sincerity, seeing how serious he was about these random rumours, Da-eun could not not agree.

"I will." She nodded towards him. "You too."

"Of course."

She put her hand on his shoulder, gave it a tight squeeze. She appreciated how careful he was and that he was looking out for her even though she didn't exactly deem it necessary.
"If anything happens, call me," she said. "I will save you, no worries."

Eyes daring to widen for a split second, he quickly stopped himself before he took her hand from his shoulder and held it tightly with his own two hands.
"Eun," he said, voice smooth, its depth coming out as he pretended to play along with her - before he quickly stopped that and reminded her that, "This is not one of your kdramas, what are you saying? Just stay safe, I'm not joking."

She nodded. "Yes sir, sorry sir."

Air pushed out of his lungs with an amused huff before he slowly went back to the topic at hand: Finance.