58 ⁘ Privacy

bro he is so adorable

also there is a picture in this chapter, please do me the favour and just pretend like it's not super obvious that it's not actually Mark in the picture thank you <3

58

"Can you imagine!" Hayoon said dramatically, letting her head fall back. Hana and Eun-kyung watched her in amusement. "She is always either working, studying or spending time with her boyfriend. Where do I fit in there? She is neglecting me!"

She voiced her complaint loudly, letting everyone at the surrounding lunch tables know that she was frustrated. However, given Hayoon's overdramatic nature, no one really batted an eye. Even those who only occasionally talked to her or heard her talk were used to this. 

Only Da-eun pushed out a scoff. "I spent the last two days with you."

Hayoon frowned. "But we were studying together, Eunnie. That's not 'spending time together' that's just suffering with good company."

"At least the company was good, no?"

"...are you okay?" Hayoon asked her best friend with a frown, causing Hana to laugh.

"She is hard-working," the girl noted happily, pleased to hear that Da-eun was putting so much effort into it. "But you can do other things together now since you finally finished the exam." 

Hayoon rolled her eyes. "Yeah 'other things' like going back to her boyfriend's place."

Da-eun laughed at her best friend's reply. "Can you not be so dramatic--"

"Hey."

Even without seeing his face, by merely hearing his voice, all the girls' smiles faded. Their conversation died down at once as their eyes darted to him.

Da-eun was the last of the four to turn to look at him and when she did eventually lay eyes on him, she regretted it immediately. She felt her heart race and anger boiling inside her at the sight of the boy. 

Hayoon huffed. "What do you want?" she asked dismissively. 

Gulping, surprised at the hostility all four emitted, Jun-seo smiled awkwardly.

"Well I just haven't talked to you guys or Da-eun in a while and--"

"You should keep it that way," Hayoon cut him off, already bored of whatever Jun-seo was trying to do. He wasn't going to fool anyone. His excuses weren't going to save him anymore. 

However, Hayoon also quickly realized that Da-eun wasn't joining her coldness towards the boy - at least not quite. She looked at her best friend, noticing the look in her eyes.

"No," Hayoon said in sheer disbelief. "I know I call you an idiot sometimes but you can't actually be that dumb."

Da-eun's expression dropped. "Why are you like this?"

"I should ask that!" she exclaimed, then nodded towards the boy. "Him? You want to talk to him?"

"Is there anything that--" Jun-seo began but got cut off by Hayoon.

"You aren't worth getting in trouble for Jun-seo but I swear to god if I hear you say one more word you will land in the fucking hospital," she warned him, genuinely requiring him to cooperate with her on this. 

Although he wanted to, he decided not to say anything in return. After all, her instructions were more than clear and his desire to get beaten to a pulp by the surprisingly strong Hayoon was nonexistent.