62 ⁘ Movie

62

"You look excited," Juwon said through a laugh as he watched Da-eun. They were walking next to each other, arms linked, yet she was pulling him quite a bit. 

"Hurry~!" she urged but the child-like grin and genuine excitement she carried caused Juwon to be unable to take her seriously. 

"You are adorable," the older one commented. 

Da-eun scrunched her nose, trying to look annoyed with him for not taking her seriously enough. However, he only smiled at her expression. 

"Dude I wish we were actually siblings," he commented. "I like seeing you excited, I would have been a great older brother to you." 

Feeling like the topic got a bit more serious all of a sudden, Da-eun unknowingly let go of her eagerness to rush home. She looked at Juwon intently. 

"You know I consider you my brother anyway," she told him, then bumped her shoulder against his. "And you're right - you are a great one." 

He laughed softly. "Thanks Eun."

"I genuinely mean that though." 

"So do I." 

She inhaled sharply through her teeth. "I'm sorry, I feel like we haven't been spending much time together lately." 

He shook his head, dismissing her worries right away. He was glad to see her happy. As far as he could tell, Chenle was good to her and good for her and so he couldn't complain. 

Still, he appreciated the thought. He was happy to know he was on her mind. 

"It's fine," he assured. "We've both been busy with our boyfriends." 

Da-eun nodded quickly - then gasped in shock upon coming up with a great idea. 

"You guys should bond!" 

Juwon frowned. "Who and who?" 

"You and Chenle!" she exclaimed. "Group date!" 

"That sounds awkward," he commented. 

"Only if you make it awkward." She grinned, very confident in her idea. "Chenle is super easygoing. It might seem a little strange now because you don't know each other well but I think you would get along great." 

"I'm not against the idea of getting to know him," Juwon pointed out. "I am against the idea of a group date." 

Da-eun raised a brow as she wondered, "Then if I call it a meeting between Hae-in, Chenle, you and me, does it sound better?" 

The boy hesitated. "Kinda, yeah." 

"Goodness," she sighed. 

He laughed to himself and slowed down a little, eventually coming to a halt in front of the door to Chenle's house. 

"Did I tell you that I was worried," Juwon began as Da-eun looked for the key in her bag, "about Hayoon being alone all the time now?"

Da-eun let out a whole-hearted laugh, amused by the innocence of her best friend. Her fingers curled around the metal of her keys, eyes on Juwon as she pulled them out of her bag. 

"But when I visited her the other day, she was like- she was enjoying it so much man." 

"Of course she does," Da-eun said, turning towards the door. "She told me that she misses me but that she's glad no one's nagging at her for not cleaning up. She doesn't need to be quiet when she gets her 3 a.m. energy bursts and she can bring her friend over at any time."