26 ⁘ Date

26

Hae-in was eyeing the menu closely, wondering if he should get something or not. And next to him sat Juwon who had trouble taking his eyes off the younger boy, yet was also unsure what to do.

It was just dessert.

Why wasn't he picking anything?

Soon enough, Da-eun intervened. She - more or less carefully - kicked Juwon's leg, making him look up. While he was confused, Da-eun just motioned him to look at his phone.

Little Sis

he's not a big eater
offer him to share
(2:54 PM)

Oh. That was it?

Nodding, Juwon soon turned to the boy.

"Hae-in?"

Startled, the younger looked at Juwon in surprise. "Hm?"

"Do you want to share?" He gave the boy a big smile before adding, "I ate a lot. I might not be able to finish it all by myself. Care to help me out?"

Barely hesitating at all, Hae-in returned the smile. He relaxed visibly upon having found a solution to his problem.

"Sure!"

"Great, thank you," Juwon said, giving Hae-in's shoulder a quick squeeze which made the younger smile even wider.

God, Juwon thought, he's so cute.

Overjoyed, he looked at Da-eun and mouthed a quick 'thank you' at which she returned an equally soundless 'no worries'.

"Da-eun," Hae-in asked, talking more confidently now that he was speaking to the girl.

It wasn't quite frustration that Juwon felt when he noticed the shift in Hae-in's behaviour, the difference in tone. He was more so intrigued, though also a little jealous. He too wanted to be someone Hae-in would talk to like this - freely, without worry. 

"Hm?"

"Has Kyung-seok contacted you yet?"

Upon meeting Kyung-seok, Seo-hyun's agent friend, Da-eun and Hae-in had immediately fallen in love with the bubbly and friendly man. And he, in return, had taken quite an interest in the two as well. 

He was quick to offer his help, albeit already warning the two that they would probably be split up for their next projects. This didn't come as a surprise to them and so naturally, they both agreed, although parting ways left a bitter taste in their mouths. Looking at them right now though it was evident that they were still as close as ever. 

Da-eun nodded at Hae-in's question. 

"He said he found a project for me but that it hasn't been finalized yet, so he can't tell me too many details," she recalled. "But I think they are finishing everything this week and he will call me then." 

"Woah~ it's a super new project then," Hae-in gasped in surprise yet gave her a thumbs up. "That's cool!"

Da-eun had to laugh at his excitement but couldn't deny that she was pretty excited herself.

"What about you? You said something about... a fantasy show?" Da-eun asked carefully. 

"You remembered~" Hae-in noted happily. "But yeah! It's called Tomorrow."

"Oh, the one with Rowoon?" Juwon asked curiously. He had been following their conversation closely, patiently waiting for a chance to say something. 

Hae-in nodded. "He is a singer, right? I don't know him well," he said before jokingly adding, "I just heard that he is very handsome."