45 ⁘ Favourite

the picture is unrelated to the chapter but pinterest keeps showing it to me so I am showing it to you now

45

Towards the end of a long study session, the four girls found themselves drifting off into a conversation rather than focusing on their notebooks.

Hayoon was the one to initiate the conversation, yet Hana and Da-eun quickly jumped in and even introverted Eun-kyung seemed to prefer talking over studying. 

However, much to Da-eun's dismay, the conversation took a turn she wasn't particularly fond of. 

"I'm not angry," Da-eun said, "I'm just kinda disappointed." 

Hayoon raised a brow. "Dude you should be angry. Jun-seo acted like a fucking idiot." 

Da-eun wasn't sure when or where the conversation started centring around Jun-seo and his weird behaviour the last time they met. However, once she realized they were going there it was too late to go back. 

"He didn't have ill intentions," she argued. 

"You don't know that," Hayoon countered. She sighed, getting slightly irritated at the way Da-eun was handling this. "I know you are quite observant so there is no way you didn't notice that that was extremely out of character for him. The only reason why you are defending him like this is that he is your friend but even friends can make mistakes." 

Having acted as quiet observers until now, Hana and Eun-kyung looked at each other, unsure what to say. However, the older of the two eventually decided to voice her opinion. 

"I am kind of on Hayoon's side," Hana noted, causing Hayoon to smile. 

"I always knew you were smart," she commented ere shooting a wink towards her. Hana smiled, yet quickly got back to the topic.

"I don't know much about your family but I think as your friend, defending a person that I don't know and that you are obviously on bad terms with is... questionable." 

"See? Even Hana is agreeing with me and she has a crush on him so that says it all." Hayoon leaned a little closer to Hana. "You deserve better anyway." 

A little confused by what was happening, Eun-kyung cleared her throat softly ere speaking up.

"So we... don't like Jun-seo anymore?" she asked carefully. Despite not having let go of her shyness, she had gotten more comfortable around them and it showed in her little, though rare, participations in their conversations. 

Hayoon smiled at her warmly. "Sweetie, it's up to you whether you like him or not," the older said before dropping her smile, nodding and saying, "but yeah we don't like him anymore." 

Da-eun threw her head back, exhausted by this conversation. 

It was obvious that Jun-seo had acted weirdly - anyone could tell. On the other hand, he was still a good friend of hers and so she wanted to make it work. 

Or, at the very least, attempt to. 

"I'll talk to him next time we meet." 

"Did you ask him for another study date already?" Hayoon inquired, baffled. 

"No, he asked me." 

Da-eun was torn. She was with Hayoon - he had overstepped a line. At the same time, she valued her friends a lot. Everyone made mistakes, so as long as they got to talk it out, it should be okay. 

Right? 

"He said that he felt bad for upsetting me and wanted to apologize." 

Hayoon scrunched her nose, getting annoyed.