68 ⁘ Proud

just his smile alone makes my day better

68

At this point in time, In-hyuk felt overjoyed. Not only did he already look after Chenle, but he was also counting down the days until he could officially take Da-eun under his wings too. Proudly, he laid his eyes on the girl. 

Da-eun frowned as she turned her head to Chenle. 

"What's with him?" 

"He's excited." 

The girl hummed. "I can tell," she retorted. "But about what?" 

Chenle looked from Da-eun to In-hyuk. He studied his expression, his warm eyes, and the genuine affection he held for the girl. He saw it all and decided that this was the right moment. 

The right moment to annoy In-hyuk. 

"Making money off of you." 

His manager's expression dropped. He looked at the boy with empty eyes. "Ever considered I could drop you?" 

"You love me too much to do that," Chenle noted with a smirk. 

In-hyuk pushed out a half-hearted laugh. "You wish I did."

Chenle gasped and put a hand above his heart. His voice cracked as he said, "Hyung..." He looked at the older one with his brows furrowed. "Aren't you worried you might hurt my feelings?" 

"How could I if they are protected by that giant ego of yours?" In-hyuk retorted. 

Chenle looked genuinely hurt but after years of this, his manager could see through his act with ease. In fact, he seemed so utterly unimpressed by the younger one's shenanigans that it was almost funny. 

"You bicker like siblings," Taeil pointed out once he reached their table. He placed their drinks in front of them. He smiled sweetly and wiped his hands off on the apron that was loosely tied around his waist. "Food will be ready soon," he informed them.

"Thank you," Da-eun said gratefully causing Taeil's attention to fall on her.

"I take it everything is working out fine for you?" he asked, staying vague with his question as he wasn't too familiar with what was going on in her life. He remembered their chat from a while back but, in the end, he still didn't know too much about her. 

The girl nodded promptly. "Everything's going well." She grinned. "Thanks for asking. How are things at the restaurant?" 

"Business is good," he said simply. 

"Hyung," Chenle called Taeil. "Eun and I will act in a scene together." 

"What? Really?" He smiled in excited. "Good for you, Da-eun." 

"Thank you!" She couldn't contain the happiness that radiated off her face and bright smile. Taeil reached forwards and lightly patted her shoulder before deciding, 

"Dinner's on me. To celebrate." 

Taken aback, Da-eun shook her head. "No, no that's not necessary." 

"I insist though," Taeil said, ending that topic right away. "So enjoy the food, okay?" Another moment of hesitation, then Da-eun gave in. She watched him as he left to get their meals ready. 

"He is so nice," she mumbled to herself, causing both boys to laugh at how simple it was to win her over. 

"Da-eun," In-hyuk called her, his voice sounding more serious now. She leaned back cautiously, watching the older's movements closely. "I know you'll be fine. It's just one scene, the director and staff are great."