85 ⁘ Wedding

BRO WHO GAVE HIM THE RIGHT TO BE SO ADORABLE

85

Near transparent white sleeves gently hugged Min-jung's arms. They appeared to naturally fall from her shoulders due to how light they were, yet they sat right where they were supposed to be. Between them stood the dress' elegant, heart-shaped neckline above which rested a slim necklace. From her waist down, the tight-fitting dress turned flowy, the fabric freely and gracefully running down the rest of her body.

Min-jung looked nothing less than breathtaking.

She spun from left to right, inspecting the dress and herself. She ran her fingers through her hair like a comb and hummed to herself.

Right now, and for the past few minutes, she had been alone in the room. Da-eun left for a moment to check in with Mark. Although Min-jung knew that he was in good hands, being cared for by the boys, she still wanted her cousin to make sure.

So when Da-eun eventually came back, she swiftly closed the door behind her and then paused - paused because the sight before her eyes was stunning. Even though she had already seen her in the dress before, Da-eun had been a little too stressed taking care of everyone and everything alongside her uncle to take a moment to truly appreciate the sight.

However now that she had put her eyes on the girl, she could barely take them off her again.
"Min-jung," she mumbled, "you are so pretty." The breathlessness with which she said that caused the older one to laugh.

"Thank you," she said sweetly. "I'm nervous though. Is that okay?"

"Of course, it's a big day after all," Da-eun said, reassuring her that it was alright. "Trust me, you are nowhere near as nervous as Mark."

Min-jung looked at Da-eun with worry. "He is not... doubting it, is he?"

Da-eun frowned. "Of course not, you idiot," she scolded her cousin. "He is just nervous because he is Mark."

The older one laughed. "I guess you are right." And while she said that and figured she knew roughly what Mark was currently going through, she didn't know half of it.

Mark stared at himself in the mirror. Shocked. Scared, almost.

"Be honest," he asked of his friends, "do I look okay?"

Currently in the room with him were Johnny, Yuta, Haechan and Chenle. All of them sighed since he kept repeating the same question.

"You look good," Yuta assured him. "Stop asking already."

"But like- you know Minnie-" Mark paused, eyes even wider now. "She must look so pretty- what do I do?"

Haechan sighed. "If you feel ugly, embrace your ugliness~!" Johnny slapped the younger one's side causing him to frown. "I'm trying to help."

"Just don't," Johnny scolded.

"Let's change the topic," Chenle said suddenly. "Eun told me that-"

"What?" Mark interrupted him right away. "Is something with Minnie? Did she tell you something about her?"

Chenle narrowed his eyes at the boy. "Fucking calm down man."

Taken aback, Mark cleared his throat as he looked away briefly. Calm down? Wasn't he calm? He surely tried. He was trying. They saw that, right?

"So, as I was saying," Chenle began judgementally, "Eun told me to tell you that it's okay to be nervous and it's okay if you are anxious. You tend to overthink after all. So take a deep breath."