48 ⁘ Successor

here is Chenle and Daegal being adorable to mentally prepare you for this chapter 

no but this chapter gets quite intense towards the end (the beginning is fine though!) so I thought I'd let you know

also this chapter is so long sorry

48

It still felt surreal to be on such a big set surrounded by such well-known artists and personalities. 

However, once the first week of filming came to an end, that surreal feeling had gotten less prominent and less anxiety-inducing. Getting up in the morning was exciting now rather than scary. 

Da-eun finally felt better and Chenle was proud to watch her gain confidence. 

But not only Chenle noticed her positive development - Chae-bong did as well. 

"High five!" he said to the two girls, getting a high five from each of them. "First week is over. You are doing great~!" 

"We didn't even start editing yet," Yu-rou noted through a soft laugh which the team leader was quick to dismiss. 

"Both of you offered valuable ideas to the director and cinematographer. They were very impressed and let me know to let you know that they are looking forward to future contributions whenever possible."

He made sure to include 'whenever possible', hinting at the fact that the three of them wouldn't be able to hang around on set all the time as they also had to edit. However, since the director had temporarily held back the scenes that were already shot, the three only now got to start working on everything. 

"I am so proud of my team," Chae-bong said, hand above his heart. "Let's go have dinner!" 

"Today?" Yu-rou asked. 

"Is it inconvenient?" 

"A little," she admitted shyly. "Some other time perhaps?" 

Chae-bong agreed quickly and looked at Da-eun curiously. "Fine with you?" 

"Yeah, sure." She smiled. "Maybe we can go together when we are all at the office?" she suggested. 

The other two nodded. "Sounds good," Chae-bong said happily. 

There was nothing more to say for now, causing their attention to shift over to the scene that was currently being filmed. It was the last scene for today and it seemed to be going smoothly. 

It was just Chenle's and Winter's characters bickering, having a light-hearted conversation. It was played incredibly well - mainly because bickering was what Chenle and Winter did whenever they were together anyway. 

It came natural so to say and so the director soon shouted the long-awaited, 

"CUT!" 

before the day ended with 'thank you's and 'good work today's and polite bows and smiles. 

Da-eun said goodbye to her coworkers and walked over to Chenle's car. She leaned against the vehicle and patiently waited for the boy that hurried over to her some time later. 

He stopped in front of her. "God, I am so sorry!" He looked back. "It took so long, I had to talk to the director about..."

He slowly stopped talking as Da-eun gently cupped his face with her hands. Her palms rested against his cheeks as she smiled. 

"You did well today," she said happily. She tilted her head to the side and hummed. "It's nice watching you work." 

"Really?"