53 ⁘ 3

53

Da-eun had been home for a while when Chenle finally came home too. She had eaten, went home and decided to watch some TV and scroll on her phone to let the day come to an end and to sort out her thoughts.

She had a lot on her mind. Jun-seo, mainly, but as she thought about it, her life had become surprisingly hectic. Therefore, getting a moment to calm down felt awfully refreshing. However, she was still happy to hear her boyfriend come home. 

When the door clicked shut and she heard Chenle greet Daegal, her smile came on its own. She watched the door expectantly, anticipating his appearance. 

And not much later, he stood there in the doorway, smile on his face. 

"Hey Fiona," he said softly as he walked inside. 

"Hey Shrek," he greeted him back as he sat down next to her. "How was your day?" 

"Good," he replied quickly, yet she could tell something was off. He seemed to be down, upset. Sad, perhaps. It was hard to judge as he was usually so busy to present himself to be in a good mood. "How was your day?" 

"It was okay," she said. She had a lot to say, actually. But she didn't want to talk about it now. Not when she could so clearly see that Chenle had something on his mind. 

She wasn't exactly sure how to approach this. She didn't want to make him feel pressured or cornered. She also couldn't just leave it like this though. 

So, even though it might have been a bit out of place, she said something that had been on her mind for a while. Something as simple as,

"Condition 3." 

She reached forward to get a hold of his hands. He hummed, remembering that she hadn't yet told him her third condition. 

"Oh, right. What is it?" he asked curiously at which she offered him a soft smile and said,

"We're there for each other." 

Chenle looked at her intently while she looked down at his hands. She hummed, watched as she ran her thumb up and down the back of his hand. 

"I told you before that I will not force you to tell me anything that you don't want to talk about," she reminded him, then looked back up into those familiar, beautiful brown eyes. "But my last condition is that, regardless of if you want to talk to me or open up, you keep in mind that I am always there for you just like I keep in mind that you are always there for me." 

She held his hands tighter, squeezing them almost. She herself started to grow a little self-conscious as she wasn't sure whether her assumptions were correct, whether she misunderstood him or not. 

But in the end, that was part of the reason why she talked to him - to better understand him and to be able to be there for him to the best of her abilities. 

"I know you trust me, I just think you aren't used to sharing what's on your mind - or at least not with me," she said before quickly adding, "I don't judge you for that, I just want you to know that that's what I've been thinking. Either way, it's okay." 

"Whenever you warm up to the idea of talking to me, I'll listen. Do it at your own pace. And then, whether you think it's dumb, whether you think you are overreacting or... whatever it is, I'll be there," she told him. 

She smiled, satisfied that she managed to put her thoughts into words. She might have missed a point or two, might have used the wrong word here or there, but all in all she was happy. 

She let go of his hands. She wanted to make sure he didn't feel pressured to say something now and so she ended the conversation and got them both out of the situation.