47 ⁘ Glimpses

47

Da-eun stepped into Chenle's bathroom where he was brushing his teeth. He glimpsed at her reflection in the mirror ere mumbling an incoherent, 

"Need something?" 

She looked at him blankly at first, then said, "Sleep with me." 

Chenle paused. He looked at her reflection again, his expression failing to portray his surprise, leaving him looking rather unimpressed. Only after having let a few seconds pass, he rinsed his mouth and wiped his lips clean. 

Eyes on Da-eun, he noted, "Fiona you're bold."  

"I meant like- I am nervous about tomorrow," she explained. It was her first time being on the set of such a big production and she felt quite anxious because of it. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep well all by myself." 

Chenle hummed. He knew that she was feeling nervous because of it. He didn't know that it was even enough to keep her from getting a good night's sleep. 

She tilted her head back, eyes on the ceiling. It was a plain white ceiling. Boring but not boring enough to ease her anxiety. 

"I sound like a kid," she said quietly. 

Her voice lacked the energy to lift her words up into the air. All they did were drop to the ground together with Da-eun's usual nonchalance. 

Chenle took a deep breath as he walked up to her. He cupped her face with his hands, causing her to tilt her head back down and look at him. 

"No need to worry, you'll do great." 

"I don't know..."

He smiled, ran a hand down her hair. "But I do."

She shook her head, judging him a little. "You shouldn't trust others so blindly," she warned, then narrowed her eyes at him. "I could be a fraud, you know?" 

He raised a brow. "Are you?" 

She considered it for a moment ere frowning slightly. "Nah. Sounds like a lot of work." 

Chenle sighed. He put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around ere carefully guiding her over to his bed. 

"You usually sleep on the right side?" he asked. 

"Yeah," she said, "but so do you." 

Chenle, however, didn't mind that much. He merely pushed the blanket to the side and fluffed the pillow before motioning her to lie down. 

"I'll get you some water in case you get thirsty at night," Chenle offered. He was about to leave when he was stopped by Da-eun. 

"What if I don't get thirsty for water but for something else?" she joked, wiggling her brows playfully. 

Comments like these always caught Chenle's attention. Not just because of how bold they were but also because of how much Da-eun enjoyed making them. 

He enjoyed how eager she was to figure out whether or not she had succeeded in making him feel flustered. He loved how natural it came to her and how comfortable she must have felt to say things like these in the first place. 

However, he loved it even more when he was able to turn her bold comments against her and watch how the provocative sparkle in her eyes made way for flustered nervosity. 

And so he really couldn't help it. 

He didn't hesitate before he turned toward her. He put his hands on her hips and pulled her closer. Da-eun froze at the unexpected proximity, with their legs barely far enough apart for the warm air inside the room to push itself between them.