55 ⁘ Party

I am back with a new chapter including my favourite character of them all: drunk Da-eun

55 

Mark laughed. It was a little weird and quite loud.

And extremely adorable.

Chenle couldn't help but smile and neither could Taeyong. All three of them hadn't noticed the chaos that had unfolded not far away, over there where Haechan and Da-eun were vigorously testing their alcohol tolerance.

Quite the opposite, actually. The three had created a calm atmosphere around them. They were engaged in a fun conversation.

"No but I didn't!" Mark denied the older one's claim who sighed in exhaustion.

"I visited your house," Taeyong pointed out, calling out his lies. "You definitely set something on fire. The cabinet used to be white, not dark grey."

Mark looked at him with narrowed eyes. "And you are trying to say that...?"

"It's charred," Taeyong deadpanned.

"Only at the bottom though!" he defended himself and looked at Chenle. "I didn't like burn-burn it."

Chenle raised a brow, incredibly entertained by the storytime that Taeyong had initiated.

"How even?" the youngest questioned, causing Mark to nod in agreement because,

"That's what I've been trying to figure out too!"

Chenle laughed, Taeyong shook his head in disappointment. "Mark..."

"It's not my fault!"

"Whose then?"

"The... fire's?"

It hurt. Taeyong's head hurt and so did his heart. "That's why I didn't want you to live alone," he muttered.

"Min-jung's often at my place," Mark assured. "I'm not alone, don't worry."

"Where was she when you almost burnt the house down?" Chenle asked curiously.

The question, while holding no ill intend, caused Mark to look away thoughtfully. He had an answer to his question, he was just stalling for time. It just felt a bit awkward to admit.

"Home." Quickly noticing the growing confusion, Mark utilised the moment afterwards to sheepishly add, "...she was the one that put out the fire."

Chenle nodded in satisfaction. "The more we talk about this the better it gets."

Sensing an opportunity to both, distract from his own mishap and show off the amazing firefighting skills of his girlfriend, Mark let them in on yet another detail of this story.

"I can show you the video if you want!"

Taeyong grimaced judgingly. "You even filmed it?"

"Of course I didn't," Mark assured.

"Then who did?"

"Oh, you know Min-jung invited..." Mark's voice trailed off, getting lost in the music that played around them as his eyes got stuck on Da-eun.

She had approached them wordlessly and then, without a single comment or even a brief 'hello', had slipped her arms underneath Chenle's and wrapped them around his body.

For the second it took him to realize that it was Da-eun, Chenle stood still. Only when he noticed who it was did he do as she did and wrapped his arms around the girl.

Mark pointed at her. "Da-eun," he finally finished his sentence. "Min-jung invited Da-eun and she thought it was funny so she filmed it."

Chenle looked down at the girl, yet only saw the top of her head and a slim line of her side profile. Her head was resting against his shoulder, her eyes were almost closed.