13 ⁘ Outfit

13

In-hyuk placed an apple in front of Chenle who was mindlessly watching the TV. At the sight of the apple, however, he looked up at his manager in confusion.

"Thanks...?" the boy wondered. Meanwhile, In-hyuk was already back in the kitchen to get himself some water before he made his way over to the next room where his laptop was.

"Let's go have dinner when I am done," he told the younger one who nodded.

Chenle took the apple, his fingertips getting a little wet as In-hyuk had only just washed the fruit. He looked at its shiny green before bringing it up to his lips.

"No rush," he said, then took a bite. "Take your time."

"Thanks," the older said, now hidden somewhere in the next room, yet the door was open and so it was easy to hear him.

"Do you want me to turn down the volume?" Chenle asked, glimpsing up at the TV and the random movie he had decided to watch.

"No, no, that's okay."

He nodded to himself before leaning back and taking another bite, contently watching the characters on screen interact without even really knowing much about the plot. The movie wasn't very interesting and he hadn't kept much attention to what was going on. He had been on his phone for half of it anyway.

A couple of minutes into his continuation of mindlessly staring at the screen ahead, Chenle's phone suddenly rang. He grabbed it without giving it much thought yet had to smile when he read the caller ID. 

He turned the volume of the TV down so it was barely audible anymore before he answered the video call. 

"Hey." 

"Hey Chenle," Da-eun greeted the boy with a smile. It was relatively early in the morning for her so he was happy to see that she looked well-rested. "How is my dearest princess doing?"

"Patiently waiting for his knight to rescue him," he joked back, returning her smile while he took another bite.

She inhaled sharply. "I am afraid I don't have enough money to afford a plane ticket right now, so you will have to save yourself this time."

Chenle raised a brow. "Don't you want to be my hero?"

"Well... that sounds like a lot of work, you know?" she said, tilting her head from left to right as if she was considering it. "I'll pass." 

"Wow."

His disappointed sigh sounded genuine, yet contradicted the light-heartedness of his expression. Eyes jumping down briefly to check whether he looked okay or not, he didn't manage to keep his attention off of the girl for long as her worried look drilled into him.

"What?" 

"Did you have dinner yet?" 

"No." 

"Then are you only eating that apple?" she wondered. "Eat well, Chenle. Don't make me look stupid by threatening you when we both know I can't act on those threats."

He shook his head. "It's pre-dinner. Just a snack. Don't worry."

"Great. Then do you have time right now?"

He hummed. "Yeah," he said before adding. "I wouldn't have answered the call otherwise."

Fair enough. She nodded, agreeing.

"In that case, can you help me out real quick?"

He didn't agree right away, just asked, "What do you need?"