67 ⁘ Trouble

67 

It was seven in the morning and Chenle opened the door to his house. He frowned at the sight. 

"Morning," Hayoon greeted with a smile, In-hyuk right behind her.

What an unusual pair.

"...morning," he greeted her back, then took a step to the side to allow the two to enter. "I feel like I am in trouble."

Hayoon entered and shook her head. She took her shoe off as she wondered, "I don't think that's the right word?" With a questioning gaze she looked back at In-hyuk who merely nodded, agreeing with her. 

Chenle closed the door, worry increasing with every ominous word Hayoon uttered. 

"So what's the right word then?"

With both shoes off, she now hummed. "I'll let In-hyuk find it," she said before changing the topic completely. "Eun's in the guest room or your room?" 

"My room." 

"Alright," Hayoon said with a smile and left the two alone. Stunned, Chenle watched her go upstairs. He had to frown at himself for still getting surprised by her odd behaviour sometimes. He should have gotten used to it by now. 

When he looked back at In-hyuk, he noticed that he was done taking his coat and shoes off. 

"Coffee?" Chenle offered.

"Sure." They walked into the kitchen were In-huyk sat down. He glimpsed back at the entrance hall and took a deep breath. "Hayoon's interesting."

The boy laughed as he grabbed a mug. "How so?"

"I met her outside. She recognized me right away and started talking about Da-eun," he recalled before he frowned. "Then she suddenly asked how Jeno was doing and if I sometimes wish to be his manager instead."

Chenle laughed again. "She's a big fan."

"I noticed."

Curious about it though, Chenle turned around to In-hyuk once he had started the coffee machine.

"What did you say though? About being Jeno's manager."

"Didn't really have the time to reply," he told him. "But I think you and I are a good team. I wouldn't want to change."

Aw that was kind of nice.

...too nice.

Chenle narrowed his eyes at him.

"I'm in trouble, right?"

"We'll have to see about that," In-hyuk merely said. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly searched for something. "But maybe you want to have a look." 

Intrigued, Chenle stepped closer, eyes darting down to his manager's phone. He turned it around for the boy to see ere he pressed start, playing a video. 

It began with sobs and a black screen. Small, pain-filled sobs. The camera eventually panned up, revealing a familiar sight.

"Why don't you trust me?! I am the only one by your side and you keep pulling shit like this!" Chenle exclaimed, despair and anger echoing through the room.

Da-eun swallowed hard. She nodded, looked away as she huffed. "You want me to trust you more than I trust my own eyes?"

He frowned. "Someone recorded us?" he asked, slightly concerned at the fact that Da-eun's face was clearly visible in the clip.

"Mhm," In-huyk hummed in agreement.

All of a sudden, Chenle remembered something.

Da-eun smiled. She put her arms on Chenle's shoulders and leaned a little closer. "I don't know about anyone else," she admitted, "but I, for one, think you are doing a great job." She leaned forward a little more and gave him a brief kiss before pulling back.