86 ⁘ Cookies

86 

Da-eun stormed into the living room. She was a little out of breath but she had a bright smile on her face. Chenle looked at her, glad to see her in a good mood. 

"What're you smiling about?" he asked, his eyes running down the prettily dressed girl. She wore a bit of make-up and put her bag down on the sofa. 

She stood tall, grinned and loosely framed her face with her hands. "Do I look pretty?" 

"You always do," Chenle commented but also, due to her question, added, "But I can tell that you got all dressed up today." He narrowed his eyes slightly. "Did we have a date planned?" 

She frowned. "When have you ever forgotten a date with me?" 

Chenle hummed to himself, then nodded. "Good point." Then, a playful frown crept onto his face. "So who is it? Your secret lover?" 

She gasped. "Chenle!" she exclaimed in shock before smiling sheepishly, "You are right - aren't you so smart?!" 

"Thanks, Eun," he replied jokingly. 

"No problem, love." She checked the time as she said, "I'm meeting Hae-in, Hayoon and Juwon." 

"And who's your date? Hayoon or Hae-in?" Chenle wondered curiously. However, his question must have been more difficult than expected since it made Da-eun pause. 

"I think..." she began, then decided, "I think I will steal Hae-in from Juwon for today." 

Her boyfriend gave her a thumbs up. "Good for you."

"Thanks." 

After that, she stood still for a second, eyes on Chenle who looked back at her cautiously. He couldn't tell what that expression on her face meant or what she was going to say. 

"What would you do if I actually had a secret lover?" Da-eun questioned curiously. 

"Well, they wouldn't be secret if you told me, no?" he retorted. 

The girl was forced to agree and so she was already taking back her question when Chenle decided to answer her anyway. An answer that was as confident as, 

"I know you love me too much for that." 

Pushing a long 'oh~' past pursed lips, Da-eun walked up to Chenle and leaned forward a little. She met the sitting boy at eye level as she said,

"You know me so well." 

"Of course I should know the girl who aims to have my surname."

"'Aims to'?" she wondered. "It's basically mine. Even our manager calls me that." She seemed almost offended as she pointed this out. She called Chenle her husband as a joke. 

But then again, she meant it. 

"Oho~ 'our' manager," Chenle commented in amusement. He was glad that she was embracing her newfound position as an actress. "Actress Zhong, I am your biggest fan!" 

Da-eun gasped. "Oh my-" She put her hands in front of her mouth. "I am your biggest fan too!" Her genuine-seeming amazement made Chenle laugh. He threw his head back and took a deep breath. 

"You are so cute," he mumbled, yet she didn't seem to have heard him as she already slowly made her way out of the room. 

"See you later Shrek," she said, eyes on her phone. She glimpsed back briefly, just in time for him to say, 

"The swamp will wait for your return, Fiona." 

She saluted half-heartedly before she rounded the corner and disappeared from his sight. He heard her put on her shoes and open the door and then she said a brief 'hi, I'm coming out now' before she closed the door behind her.